Sharing is caring!
When I was a little girl my Grandmother loved Owls. Each year we would buy her an Owl gift, an ornament, a tea towel or something with an owl image on.
I’m not sure what it was that my grandma loved about owls but today I am sharing my first Owl rock stone painting. It is a fun craft idea and can be done by adults or with kids.
In fact I’m sure the kids would love to paint different birds onto stones. It is really fun to do and an enjoyable process.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Supplies For This Rock Stone Owl
Uni-posca Paint Marker Pen – Medium Point – Set of 15 (PC-5M15C)Margo 30lb. Decorative Pebbles River Rocks Colored Stones Medium Snow White Pebbles 1 in. to 2 in.BIC Pencil Xtra Sparkle Mechanical Pencil, Colorful Barrel, Medium Point (0.7 mm), 48-Count
How To Paint A Rock Stone Owl
I decided to add lines and different colours to make my owl quite unique.
Outlining a picture on a stone can be a little tricky and won’t look perfect but it does help to make the image stand out.
Once I had completed the look of my owl I decided to add details and give the owl features.
I added lots of lines and dots using different posca pens.
I am really pleased with the end result and will be showing this owl to my grandma to see what she thinks.
More Painted Rock Ideas You May Love
- How to make a Crocodile Rock Stone
- Jelly Fish Rock Painting Idea
- Moana Rock Stone Painting
- Cat In The Hat Rock Painting Idea
- Lumiere Painted Rock Idea From Beauty & The Beast
- Super Cute Unicorn Rock Painting Idea
- Bichon Dog Painted Rock Stone Tutorial
- Art Therapy And A Peacock Rock Stone
- Monster Rock Stones A Fun Idea For Kids
- Easy Butterfly Rock Painting Idea
- How To Create A Geko Rock Stone
Busy Now? Why Not Pin This Rock Stone Owl For Later?