It’s finally spring and the spring bugs are slowly beginning to appear. My favourite bugs and insects are by far the ladybird and the Butterfly. I find them adorable and absolutely love them.
Today I have painted a fantastic butterfly themed rock stone which I am sure you will love. It’s an easy simple craft which can be created at any age level from toddler and preschooler right through to adult. Enjoy.
Easy Butterfly Rock Painting
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Supplies You Will Need for This Butterfly Painted Rock
- Posca Paint Pens
- Rock Stone
How to Make a Butterfly Painted Rock Stone
To begin with you will need to sharpen your pencil and draw the outline of a butterfly onto your rock stone.
The first step will be to paint the body of the butterfly using any colour you use. I went with white and green.
I began by painting the white segments of the body.
I then painted the other segments of the butterfly body with the green posca pen.
Next I added wings.
I decided to do a line style today and drew the lines of the wings with an orange and white posca pen.
I then thickened the lines by doubling over them with my paint pens.
The next step was to add the antenna of the Butterfly using a black paint pen.
I then began to do detailing.
Next I drew around the butterfly body segments and then around the wings.
Once the detail was complete I took a metallic blue posca pen and added detail to the body.
I added white and blue dots to the wings and little black lines onto the body.
Finally I added white eyes with black dots and a mouth.
The butterfly is now complete. Enjoy.
My Book of Rocks and MineralsThe Art of Stone Painting: 30 Designs to Spark Your CreativityUltimate Bugopedia: The Most Complete Bug Reference Ever (National Geographic Kids)National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Bugs (National Geographic Little Kids First Big Books)
Busy Now? Please Pin for Later!
More Painted Rock Ideas You May Love
- How to make a Crocodile Rock Stone
- Jelly Fish Rock Painting Idea
- Moana Rock Stone Painting
- Cat In The Hat Rock Painting Idea
- Lumiere Painted Rock Idea From Beauty & The Beast
- Super Cute Unicorn Rock Painting Idea
- Bichon Dog Painted Rock Stone Tutorial
- Art Therapy And A Peacock Rock Stone
- Monster Rock Stones A Fun Idea For Kids
- Easy Butterfly Rock Painting Idea
- How To Create A Geko Rock Stone
- Posca Paint Pens
- Rock Stone
1. Sharpen your pencil and draw the outline of a butterfly onto your rock stone.
2. Paint the body of the butterfly using any color of Posca pen.
3. Thickened the lines by doubling over them with paint pens.
4. Add the antenna of the Butterfly using a black paint pen.
5. Began to do detailing by drawing around the butterfly body segments and then around the wings.
6. Once the detail was complete, use a metallic blue Posca pen and add detail to the body.
7. Add white eyes with black dots and a mouth.
You just made your Butterfly Rock Stone Craft!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts and having fun as a family. Angela has also taught cooking skills and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!