Today I have a fantastic Unicorn Painted Rock Craft Idea to share. Unicorns are a popular phenomenon at the moment, especially for kids and also for adults. In fact, I created a fantastic Unicorn gift guide recently with a few fabulous Unicorn gift ideas for kids.
This, however, is a fun craft you could paint with kids or for kids. It’s super easy and simple and lots of fun. I do hope you enjoy.
Unicorn Painted Rock Craft Idea
This is such a fun painted rock idea to do with your children. I think it would be ideal for a fun kids birthday party, or for an afternoon craft with the children on the weekend.
You could even make these to give as gifts to their friends for a special event or just because!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
What you need to make your Unicorn painted rock
One rock stone
1 lead pencil
Paint Tray (optional)
Uni-posca Paint Marker Pen – Medium Point – Set of 15 (PC-5M15C)Margo 30lb. Decorative Pebbles River Rocks Colored Stones Medium Snow White Pebbles 1 in. to 2 in.BIC Pencil Xtra Sparkle Mechanical Pencil, Colorful Barrel, Medium Point (0.7 mm), 48-Count
How to Make a Unicorn Painted Rock
Then I added black lines to the Unicorns horn and the painting was complete.
Displaying your Painted Rock Craft
I am really pleased with the way this stone turned out. It looks super cute and has been added to my collection. You could easily display these on a shelf, windowsill, or my favorite idea is to add them to your garden as a fun decoration. Remember to add your initials and the date to the back of your rock to remember when you made them.
More Painted Rock Craft Ideas
Next, I am looking at painting some Disney themed Rock stones. I think that would be fun to do for a Disney party or to decorate a kids bedroom that is Disney themed. There are so many amazing painted rock ideas that you can add to your garden!
- Whale Rock Painting Craft for Kids
- Gecko Rock Stone Craft Idea
- How to Make Painted Rocks Pepper Pig Style
- Jellyfish Rock Stone Painting Craft for Kids
Check out more Rock Painting Posts Here
Please pin this fantastic unicorn painted rock tutorial
- 1 lead pencil
- Posca Pens
- Sketch Paper
- Paint Tray (optional)
1. Draw your Unicorn design on a sketch paper using my Bic Pencil.
2. Paint a white background on the rock stone with the white Posca pen.
3. Use a lead pencil to draw the Unicorn onto the rock stone.
4. Paint the Unicorns hoofs yellow, her nose pink, and then began adding different Posca paint colors to her main.
5. Use as many bright-colored Posca Pens as you could find. Then add a gold paint for the Unicorns horn.
6. Outline your rock stone characters with black Posca paint.
7. Add white to the nose and gave the unicorn an eye.
8. Use Posca pens to add detailed dots and lines to the stone painting.
9. Add black lines to the Unicorns horn and the painting is complete.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts and having fun as a family. Angela has also taught cooking skills and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!