This easy sunflower craft tutorial is fantastic for kids to make and really easy and simple.
Today we have a really fun sunflower template that you can download for free to create your very own sunflower craft. Sunflowers are beautiful and bright and one of my favourite flowers to make.
Sunflower arts and crafts are fun. My daughter really enjoys making paper flowers and this project is no exception. With only a few basic supplies you can create the most beautiful paper sunflower.
Don’t forget to download the free sunflower template printable! It will make your crafting easier!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Supplies For This 3D Sunflower Craft
- Coloured craft paper– Yellow, brown and green
- Craft glue
- Pencil – to trace the template
- Sunflower Template
Pacon 6555 Rainbow Super Value Construction Paper Ream, 45 lb, 9 x 12, Assorted, 500 SheetsFiskars 8 Inch Softgrip Scissors Straight, Stainless Steel (01-004761J)Elmer’s Glue-All Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue, Extra Strong, 16 Ounces, 1 Count
How To Make A Paper Sunflower
- Print and cut out the patterns from the sunflower template. Trace the patterns on your selected colored craft paper and cut them out
- The sunflower template includes one large flower pattern, one medium flower pattern and one small flower pattern.
- You’ll need to trace and cut out 2 pieces from the yellow craft paper for the large and small pattern; and 2 pieces of the small pattern from the brown craft paper.
- Cut out the spiral pattern from the brown craft paper and the leaf patterns from green craft paper.
- Take a flower pattern and create creases on them.
- First, create crease from the center towards the tip of each petal. Next, create a crease in between each sunflower petal and towards the center.
- Similarly, create a crease on the rest of the sunflower patterns (2 large yellow and 2 medium yellow flower patterns).
- Create crease on the 2 small brown flower patterns as well.
- Take the spiral pattern and start rolling it from its outer end.
- Continue to roll towards the center and once you reach the center glue the roll with the center of the spiral pattern to secure it.
- Create a crease on the leaf cutouts as well.
- Place any one of the large sized sunflower pattern on a flat surface and drop a small amount of glue on its center of it.
- Place the other large sized sunflower pattern on the large flower, making sure that the centers of both flowers match.
- Be sure to rotate the second pattern so that the tips of the first paper sunflowers pattern and petals are visible.
- Similarly, glue the medium sized sunflower patterns one by one on the top of the large ones.
- Now glue the 2 small sized flower patterns (these are actually center of the flower); similarly, slightly rotate the second piece on the first piece to make sure that the tips of the first flower’s petals are visible.
- Finally, glue the rolled flower on the center and allow the glue to dry.
- Attach the leaves at the bottom side of the flower, but make sure that the leaves are visible from the top end and from the sides of the flowers.
You may also enjoy the following paper crafts:
- Poppy Flower Craft With Free Poppy Template
- DIY Spring Flower Wreath
- Spring Time Flower Pot Painting
Busy now? Why not pin this for later! Pinning helps to support my blog and allows me to share more fun and fantastic ideas!
Slime Supplies Glitter Powder Sequins for Slime,Arts Crafts Extra Solvent Resistant Glitter Powder Shakers,Bulk Acrylic Polyester Craft Supplies Glitter Loose Eyeshadow,Assorted Colors,12 Pack GlitterFox Run Bamboo Skewers, Set of 100AmazonBasics Pre-sharpened Wood Cased #2 HB Pencils, 30 Pack