Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year! These RIP Halloween Cupcakes are the perfect way to make your own spooky graveyard. They will definitely be the life of the party.
These Halloween toombstone cupcakes are also a great treat for classroom parties. Pair these cupcakes with a synonym lesson where you make a graveyard of dead “boring” words, and fill the gravestones with “interesting” words.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Ingredients For Halloween Toombstone Cupcakes
- 12 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes
- 6 lady finger cookies
- 1 cup white candy melts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp black gel food coloring
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioner sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 3-5 tbsp milk
- Black decorating icing
Yields: one dozen decorated cupcakes
How To Make RIP Halloween Cupcakes
- Make your favorite box of vanilla cupcakes
- Allow your cupcakes to cool before decorating. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Break your lady finger cookies in half.
- Microwave your candy melt and coconut oil in 30-second intervals until completely melted.
- Add black gel food coloring and mix.
- Completely submerge your lady finger cookies in the melted candy.
- Place gently on your wax paper.
Making the Buttercream
- Make your buttercream by beating butter, sugar, cocoa and milk on slow.
- Gradually increase speed to high and allow the ingredients to blend thoroughly.
- Frost each cupcake with a frosting bag.
- Once the candy has set on your lady fingers, draw out “RIP” on each one with your black decorating icing.
- Place the tombstone cookies on each cupcake and Happy Halloween!
Your gravestone cupcakes are now ready to serve! They will be the highlight of your Halloween Party. If you need other spooky Halloween food ideas for your Halloween party, check out some of our other spooky treats:
- Frankenstein Cupcakes
- Halloween Popcorn Zombie Style
- Ghost Halloween Pretzels
- Spider Cookies
- Edible Halloween Sensory Bin
Please pin these fantastic R.I.P Cupcakes!