Kids far and wide have learned about Frankenstein especially during Halloween time. But, have they had the pleasure of learning about the Bride of Frankenstein? This Bride of Frankenstein craft is a great way to encourage written and artistic expression in young children.
How to Make the Bride of Frankenstein Craft Educational
Along with this craft, you can add a writing component. Before writing, discuss ideas aloud with your child. While making the craft, talk about what the bride of Frankenstein likes to do, how she helps her husband, and what makes her scary or friendly. As you finish discussing, add the lined paper that reads The Bride of Frankenstein likes… Help your child write all the things she likes or likes to do. This is a great way to help little ones with reading/writing skills such as:
- Reading and writing left to write
- Listening to the sounds words make to spell them
- Understanding periods and sentence structure
- Fine motor skill development
Keep in mind that 3-4 year olds may only be able to come up with 1 word for each line. Children who are 5 to 6 should be able to write more than 1 word and more in depth sentences. Be sure to guide and scaffold the child along the way.
RELATED POST: ADD A RELATED POST AND LINK HERE
Supplies Needed for This Halloween Craft Idea
Busy Now? Why Not Pin This Halloween Craft For Later!
How to Make a Halloween Frankenstein Bride
This craft is super simple to make. Just follow the steps below!
Begin your Bride of Frankenstein puppet by cutting out all the pieces from your template.
Arrange the pieces to look like the picture above.
Then, glue the pieces onto a piece of purple construction paper.
Next, glue the story you had your child write about what the Bride of Frankenstein likes to the end of the purple paper.
- Construction Paper
- Crayola crayons
- Glue Stick
- Black Sharpie Pen
- Download and print the Bride of Frankenstein template
- Color the pieces or print them on colored paper.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Assemble the pieces to look like the picture.
- Then, glue your Bride of Frankenstein onto a purple piece of construction paper.
- Have kids write about the Bride of Frankenstein.
- Glue their writing onto a piece of purple construction paper.
- Finally attach the writing template to the Bride of Frankenstein.
- Hang on the wall to display.
Download Your Bride Of Frankenstein Template Here!
Did you enjoy this fun Bride of Frankenstein Craft? You may also love the following posts:
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts and having fun as a family. Angela has also taught cooking skills and loves to share both family recipes and easy crafts here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!