This has to be one of my favorite werewolf craft ideas. This little guy isn’t scary, but as Halloween approaches, the first thing kids think about is werewolves and vampires. Making a werewolf puppet is a great way to lead into a lesson on legends and folklore.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
What Is a Werewolf?
A werewolf is a mythical person who changes into a wolf for a period of time. In most legends, a person changes into a werewolf when there is a full mood. Werewolves typically turn due to being bitten, however, other legends have said they can be born as one, drink water downstream from a werewolf, or drink water out of a werewolf’s footprint to turn.
RELATED POST: HALLOWEEN PAPER BAG BAT PUPPET
Supplies Needed for This Werewolf Puppet
Busy Now? Why Not Pin This Halloween Puppet For Later!
How to Teach Kids About a Legend
Kids who still love to make puppets may get frightened by scary things like werewolves, vampires, and monsters. The best way to help them with this fear is to teach them that these things are not real.
- Start by asking children if they think werwolves are real..if they say no, you can tell them they are correct. If they say yes, you can lead them to the correct answer.
- Once they understand that these are not real, but made up creatures, talk about how we even got the name werewolves.
- Discuss legends and where they came from. Talk about how they are not proven to be true, but are stories told.
How to Make This Paper Bag Werewolf
Halloween paper crafts can be super fun and this paper bag werewolf will be a huge hit with the kids.
First, get your paper bag out, the glue, and print out your werewolf template.
Next, begin gluing on your brown and black sections. Then, glue the red shirt onto your paper bag.
Continue gluing the puppets attire onto the bag.
Add some rip marks onto the shirt with your red marker.
Finally, glue on the face, eyes, and mouth onto the folded part of the paper bag.
- Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
- Brown Paper Bag
- Crayola Marker Pens
- Download and print the template according to instruction on the template.
- If you choose, you can print template on white paper and allow kids to color it.
- Cut out template peices.
- Glue the brown body section to the sack of the bag. Add a strip of black to the bottom.
- Then, glue the red clothing on top.
- Assemble the face pieces onto the werewolf's head.
- Finally, glue the head onto the bottom of the paper bag.
- Have fun!
Download Your Free Werewolf Template here!
You could also make the other paper bag Halloween puppets too. We have a whole selection here on The Inspiration Edit.
Did you enjoy this fun Halloween Craft? You may also love the following Halloween activities and craft ideas.
Don’t have time to do this HALLOWEEN CRAFT now? Pin it to Pinterest so you can save it for later! I appreciate all shares and am grateful for your support!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts and having fun as a family. Angela has also taught cooking skills and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!