How To Melt Crayons DIY Owl Activity
Have you ever wondered how to melt crayons in order to recycle? Well, look no further!
A few years ago we shared our first recycled crayon craft here on The Inspiration Edit. It was Recycled Bunny Crayons and they were a big hit. Today we are sharing a more autumnal themed craft, recycled owl crayons. Owls are fun and I just love the way the eyes turned out in this project. Do enjoy.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
INGREDIENTS FOR MELTING OLD CRAYONS
Chawoorim 12 Owls Silicone Cake Bread Chocolate Jelly Candy Baking Mould Craft MoldYunko 6 Owl Silicone Cake Baking Mold Cake Pan Muffin Cups Handmade Soap Moulds DIY ToolCrayola Ultra Clean Washable 64 Count Crayons
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later!
Let’s Find Out How To Melt Crayons
Repeat soaking if needed. I prefer using Crayola as the wrappers come off WAY easier than off brands but you can use any old crayons you find lying around the home.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and pat the crayons dry.
Break the crayons into smaller pieces and place one colour in each silicone square.
Bake 8-12 minutes or until melted.
Remove from the oven and let cool.
Your melted crayons owl craft is now complete! Enjoy.
- Owl Silicone Mold
- Large Bowl
- Place the old crayons in a large bowl and fill with warm water. Let them soak for 20-30 minutes and begin removing the wrappers.
- Repeat soaking if needed. I prefer using Crayola as the wrappers come off WAY easier than off brands but you can use any old crayons you find lying around the home.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and pat the crayons dry.
- Break the crayons into smaller pieces and place one colour in each silicone square.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until melted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Pop the cooled crayons out of the molds to use. Your melted crayons owl craft is now complete! Enjoy.
To read more ideas on recycling and tips on reducing waste read this post!
Heat Resistant Kitchen Oven Mitts With Non-Slip Silicone Printed, Set Of 2 Oven Gloves for BBQ cooking baking, Grilling, Barbecue,microwave, Machine Washable.(Khaki)Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half SheetKUKPO Mixing Bowls – 3 piece set Includes 1.8 Qt, 3.6 Qt, 6.5 Qt, Easy Grip Handle With Non – Skid Bottom
MORE FALL CRAFTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Don’t have time to do this craft now? Pin it to Pinterest so you can save it for later! I appreciate all shares and am grateful for your support!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts and having fun as a family. Angela has also taught cooking skills and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!