Since Halloween is about how the spirits of the dead are able to come back to life on October 31st, the Grim Reaper is just a fitting part of Halloween. This Grim Reaper Halloween Craft is a great way to bring out some creativity.
Who Is the Grim Reaper
Depending on the age of the child doing the craft, you could talk about who the grim reaper is as well as some scary facts. Here are some great talking points that will really add to their writing:
- He is the angel of death.
- The Grim Reaper came around in the 14th century in Europe when they were dealing with a pandemic called the Black Death.
- The Grim Reaper is called different things in different cultures. There’s the Ancient Greek mythology, Judaism and Christianity beliefs, Hindu religion, and Chinese mythology. He is a pretty popular angel of death.
- He is known to posses supernatural abilities.
RELATED POST: ADD A RELATED POST AND LINK HERE
Supplies Needed for Your Grim Reaper Halloween Craft
Busy Now? Why Not Pin This Grim Reaper Halloween Craft For Later!
How to Make This Grim Reaper Halloween Craft
This craft is super easy to make! I would recommend it for kids in kindergarten or first grade. If they are younger, you may not want to include the writing assignment and instead have them draw a picture. Follow the steps below!
Print and download the Grim Reaper template. Obviously, you will print everything except the face in black. Cut out your template
Glue the black outline of the Reaper onto a purple background paper. Then, glue the white face onto the outline.
Next, place the black eyes and nose onto the white face. When finished, attach the written piece about the Grim Reaper.
- Construction Paper
- Crayola crayons
- Glue Stick
- Black Sharpie Pen
- Print and download the Grim Reaper template.
- Obviously, you will print everything except the face in black. Cut out your template.
- Glue the black outline of the Reaper onto a purple background paper.
- Then, glue the white face onto the outline.
- Next, place the black eyes and nose onto the white face.
- When finished, attach the written piece about the Grim Reaper.
- Hang up.
Download Your Grim Reaper Template Here!
Did you enjoy this fun Grim Reaper craft? You may also love the following posts:
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts and having fun as a family. Angela has also taught cooking skills and loves to share both family recipes and easy crafts here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!