These are no ordinary donuts….These are the Evil Queen’s poison apple donut recipe. Everyone already knew about the Evil Queen and her vicious plot to end Snow White with a delicious apple, but today, it’s going to take a little more work to get an apple eaten.
These treats are great for a Disney themed party, as a treat while watching Snow White, or as a treat for your classroom after reading the book. In fact, there are a couple versions of the Story Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, so teachers could have a little compare and contrast lesson and then end it with a poisonous treat.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Disney and Grump: The (fairly) True Tale of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs are some great books to choose for a comparison lesson.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Ingredients for Donut Batter :
Makes 15 donuts
- Flour (1 C)
- 1/3 C sugar
- Baking powder (1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 C + 1 1/2 tbsp whole milk
- Pure vanilla extract (1 tsp)
Evil Queen Donut Directions :
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s
- Spray a donut baking pan with Pam baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon batter into donut pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 6 minutes
- Place the donut’s onto a wire rack.
- Repeat steps until all batter is used.
Evil Queen Fondant ingredients:
- A box of Yellow fondant.
- Gold edible spray (1 can)
- Google image cut out of the Evil Queens Crown
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1 Exacto knife or pairing knife
- Rolling pin
- Cutting board
- Lightly sprinkle powder sugar onto a cutting board, the rolling pin and onto the black fondant
- Place the yellow fondant onto the middle of the cutting board
- Roll out the fondant to 1/8-1/4 inch thickness
4. Cut out your crown and place the cut out onto the fondant
5. Use the Exacto knife or pairing knife and carefully run the blade along the edge of the cut out
6. Repeat steps and cut out 14 more crowns out of space that you have left of the rolled out fondant.
7. Lay out your 15 fondant pieces onto paper towels to dry for an hour
8. Spray the crowns with the edible spray and allow to dry for an hour
Vanilla Donut Icing ingredients:
- 4 C powdered sugar
- Clear corn syrup (1 tbsp)
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- Black and Purple gel food coloring
- Using a standing mixer, combine the powdered sugar, corn syrup, milk and vanilla extract and mix on medium to high speed until smooth and thick.
- Scoop about 1/2 C of the icing into 1 bowl for the purple icing.
- Add a few drops of black to the remaining white icing and mix until combined. Mix in a few more drops of black icing to get the shade of black that you like.
- Dip the top of the donuts into the black icing and lightly shake off excess icing.
2. Place onto the wire rack for 30 minutes to dry
3. Dip the bottom of the donuts into the purple icing and shake of excess icing
4. Place donuts onto wire rack and allow to dry for 15 minutes
5. Put the crowns onto the top half of the donuts
Evil Queen Apple Decoration Ingredients:
- Egg whites (3)
- 3 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Disposable piping bags with number 2 tips (3)
- Red, Brown and Green gel icing colors
Apple Decor Directions
- Using a standing mixer, mix together the egg whites, powdered sugar, cream of tarter, and vanilla together until stiff with peaks
- Divide the icing into 3 bowls
- Add a few drops of each color into their own bowl and mix until combined
- Scoop icing into their own bags
- Pipe the apple shape onto the bottom of the donut
- Then, pipe a stem in the middle
- Last, pipe out a leaf shape onto the side of the stem
8. Allow to dry for 1 hour before enjoying!
If you liked this Evil Queen recipe, check out some of our other Disney inspired recipes:
- Disney Inspired Aladdin Cookies
- Disney Themed Olaf Cookies
- Lightning McQueen Disney Treats
- Little Mermaid Biscuits
- Moana Cookies Heart of Te Fiti
Please pin this fun Disney themed donut recipe.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has studied nutrition for children and has also taught cooking skills to adults. Angela loves to share family meals and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!