Stuffed pepper soup is something Weight Watchers members will love! Made with delicious zero-point veggies, this low carb stuffed pepper soup is the perfect way to stick to your diet while loving what you eat. Not only that, but it is a perfect dish for the cooler weather coming in.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why Is Soup Great For The Weight Watchers Plan?
Soup is a great option when on the Weight watchers plan because many soup ingredients are either low in points or zero points. You can bulk out a bowl of soup with zero-point veggies and this low carb stuffed pepper soup is perfect for a healthy lunch or as a meal prep idea for work.
Don’t forget to check out our Zero point Chicken and Butterbean Weight Watchers Soup Recipe. It’s a huge hit here on The Inspiration Edit.
Ingredients For Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1 C onion(finely diced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (29 oz
- Chopped fresh sage
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 1 can chicken broth (14 oz)
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 C white rice
Utensils For This Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
How To Make Stuffed Pepper Soup Weight Watchers Style
- Prep stockpot with cooking spray.
- Add the ground meat in the stockpot.
- Brown the meat. Drain the fat.
- Add the pepper and onion.
- Cook the onion and pepper until the onion is translucent but not brown.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, thyme, and sage. Season with the salt and pepper. (to taste).
- Cover the stockpot. Allow the soup to simmer for 30-45 minutes. (Or until the peppers are tender)
- Add 2 cups of water in the saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice cooking until tender.
- Add the rice to the soup.
- Garnish with the fresh chopped sage.
Busy now? Please pin this recipe for later! Pinning supports my blog and allows me to share more fantastic recipes and content.