Made with steak, potatoes, and mushrooms, this Weight Watchers Instant Pot Steak Soup is only 4 points per serving. Not only is it mouthwatering, but you won’t feel guilty about eating it.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Are Red Potatoes Healthier than Regular Potatoes?
This Weight Watchers Instant Pot Steak Soup recipe calls for red potatoes. But, why do we use red potatoes as opposed to other potatoes? Are they healthier?
Red potatoes contain fewer carbs, calories, and fiber than regular russet potatoes. They also contain the highest amount of vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals. In fact, they are high in quercetin which contains powerful anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
Additionally, one large red potato supplies half of your daily intake for vitamin B, 30% of your daily intake for niacin, 1670 milligrams of potassium.
With all that being said, the red potato ranks as the number 1 healthiest potato you can eat according to nutritionist David Freeman.
Serves: 6 Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients For This Weight Watchers Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- 6 red potatoes
- 1 lb steak meat or stew beef (round or petite sirloin)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 package baby Bella mushrooms; sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 large white onion; diced
- 1 – 32 oz beef broth
How To Make Weight Watchers Instant Pot Steak Soup
Set instant pot to saute mode. Add in onions and beef. Saute until beef is lightly browned on the outside.
Turn off saute mode. Add in diced potatoes, mushrooms, and bay leaves.
Pour in beef broth and about 2 to 3 cups water to max fill line in a 6 quart pot. In an 8 quart pot you won’t hit the fill line.
Eyeball this to make sure there is enough liquid. If you feel you need more water add some.
Stir in salt and pepper. Set the valve to seal then put on high pressure for 20 minutes.
Once the pot stops counting release the pressure. Serve with buttered bread.
If you liked this Weight Watchers Instant Pot Steak Soup recipe, check out our Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes to Make Life Easier or Instant Pot Weight Watchers Recipe List.
Instant Pot Burn Notice! What To Do!
Don’t have time to make this recipe now? Pin it to Pinterest so you can save it for later! I appreciate all shares and am grateful for your support!
- If you’re new to Weight Watchers don’t forget to read our fantastic guide: Getting Started On Weight Watchers. We also have the following posts which you may love.
- The Pros and Cons Of Weight Watchers
- Free Weight Watchers Online Calculator
- Weight Watchers Vegetable And Cucumber Bites
- Weight Watchers Low Point Soup Recipes
- Weight Watchers Macaroni Salad Recipe
- WW Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Four Bean Salad On Weight Watchers Plan
- 41 Fantastic Weight Watchers Recipes