This lively fusion of flavors brings a thrilling twist to the easy pineapple salsa recipe. The marriage of sweet pineapple and the bold kick of jalapeño creates a symphony on the palate, making each bite an adventure.
Why You’ll Love This Amazing Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Flavor Fusion: Experience the perfect union of sweet pineapple and bold jalapeño, creating a mouthwatering dance of contrasting flavors that’s both refreshing and exciting.
- Guilt-Free Indulgence: Indulge in the deliciousness without a hint of guilt – this fresh salsa is a Weight Watchers zero-point snack, letting you savor the taste without compromising your wellness goals.
- Tropical Zing: Transport your taste buds to a tropical paradise with each bite. The sweetness of pineapple and the fiery kick of jalapeño create a harmonious blend that promises a delightful escape from the ordinary.
Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa Ingredients
- Whole Pineapple: Bursting with natural sweetness and juiciness, the whole pineapple is the star ingredient infusing the salsa with a tropical flair.
- Small Purple Onion: Bringing a mild, slightly sweet flavor and vibrant color, the small red onion adds crunch and depth to the salsa.
- Limes: Zesty and citrusy, lime juice provide a refreshing punch, balancing the sweetness of the pineapple and enhancing overall freshness.
- Roma Tomatoes: With a robust, meaty texture, diced Roma tomatoes serve as the salsa’s hearty base, contributing depth and substance.
- Small Orange Pepper: Introducing a subtle sweetness and vibrant color, the small orange pepper adds mild heat, complementing the pineapple’s flavor.
- Jalapeno: Infusing a bold and spicy kick, the jalapeño elevates the salsa’s flavor profile, providing a perfect balance of heat.
- Fresh Cilantro: Brimming with bright, citrusy, and herbaceous notes, fresh chopped cilantro adds a burst of freshness, enhancing the overall aromatic experience.
- Salt: With a touch of salt, the salsa’s natural flavors are elevated, achieving a harmonious balance between sweetness and acidity.
- Cumin: Imparting warm and earthy undertones, cumin adds depth and complexity, infusing the salsa with a satisfying touch of smokiness.
How To Make Pineapple Salsa
Cut the pineapple down the center lengthwise so the stem is also cut down the center. Do this carefully so the stems stay attached to each half.
Cut a grid pattern of squares into each pineapple half making sure not to cut through the rind. I left about an inch of pineapple around the edge of the rind.
Dig out the pineapple chunks and chop them into very small chunks. Put them into a large bowl.
Chop the tomatoes, onion, orange pepper, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces.
Put the diced tomatoes and other ingredients into the bowl with the pineapple.
Chop a small bunch of cilantro and put that in the bowl along with the salt and the cumin.
Gently mix everything together and squeeze the lime juice of one or both the limes over the salsa and mix again.
Add salsa to the hollowed-out pineapple halves, then serve with tortilla chips or other low-point crackers.
This Weight Watchers salsa makes a delicious summer snack or even a light meal!
Pineapple Salsa Recipe Tips
- Fresh Ingredients: Use ripe and fresh pineapples, tomatoes, jalapeños, and cilantro for the best flavor.
- Uniform Chopping: Aim for uniformly diced ingredients to ensure a consistent texture and taste in every bite.
- Adjust Heat: Control the spiciness by removing jalapeño seeds for milder salsa or keeping them for an extra kick.
- Balanced Citrus: Taste as you go and adjust lime juice to achieve the right balance of acidity and freshness.
- Chill Before Serving: Allow the salsa to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to enhance flavors.
- Customization: Feel free to add diced red onion or adjust salt and cumin to suit your personal taste preferences.
- Serve Fresh: Pineapple salsa is at its prime when freshly made, so aim to serve it within a day or two for optimal taste and texture.
- Mango Infusion: Swap pineapple for mango to create a Mango Jalapeño Salsa, adding a tropical twist to the classic recipe.
- Avocado Bliss: Incorporate diced avocado for a creamy texture and an Avocado Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa that adds richness to the flavor profile.
- Peachy Keen: Experiment with peaches instead of pineapple for a Peach Jalapeño Salsa, introducing a sweet and slightly tart note.
- Black Bean Fiesta: Enhance the salsa’s heartiness by adding black beans, creating a Black Bean Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa that’s both satisfying and flavorful.
- Grilled Goodness: Grill the pineapple and jalapeños before chopping for a smoky depth that elevates the entire salsa.
- Tropical Fusion: Mix in diced papaya or kiwi for a Tropical Fruit Salsa that’s a burst of exotic flavors.
- Cucumber Cool Down: Introduce diced cucumber for a refreshing crunch, transforming it into a Cucumber Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa.
What to Serve With Pineapple Salsa
Pineapple Jalapeno salsa is a versatile delight that pairs seamlessly with numerous dishes. Whether spooned over grilled chicken for a tropical twist, atop fish tacos for a burst of freshness, or simply scooped up with tortilla chips, this vibrant salsa elevates any meal with its sweet and spicy flair.
Get creative and add it to salads, serve it alongside BBQ, or enjoy it as a refreshing side dish. The possibilities are as endless as the burst of flavors in every spoonful!
How To Store Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa
To keep your Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa fresh and flavorful, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The airtight seal helps preserve its vibrant taste and prevents the absorption of odors from the fridge.
For optimal freshness, consume within 2-3 days, ensuring you seal the container tightly after each use. This ensures your salsa maintains its zesty appeal for every delightful dip and adds a burst of flavor whenever you choose to enjoy it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Pineapple Zero Points On Weight Watchers?
Yes, pineapple is zero points and so is this Pineapple Jalapeno salsa recipe. The tangy dip is totally Weight Watchers friendly with zero points on the Weight Watchers Freestyle US Plan and Flex UK Plan.
In addition, this recipe provides lots of vitamins A, B6, B12 & D. It is full of iron, magnesium, calcium and antioxidants. Sweet & Spicy Fresh Jalapeno Pineapple Salsa with Crispy Tortilla Chips
This tasty salsa is something my sister and I have always enjoyed eating. It’s an easy-to-make appetizer that’s perfect for nibbling on during a family get together.
I’m sure you will love this fun twist on salsa!
Can I Use Canned Pineapple?
Certainly! Using canned pineapple is a convenient alternative that doesn’t sacrifice flavor. When using canned pineapple for your salsa:
- Drain Excess Liquid: Ensure you drain the canned pineapple thoroughly to remove excess liquid. This helps maintain the desired salsa consistency.
- Adjust Freshness: While canned pineapple works well, consider adding a bit more lime juice or fresh cilantro to enhance the salsa’s overall freshness.
Using canned pineapple allows you to enjoy the pineapple jalapeño salsa year-round, making it a versatile and accessible option for a quick and tasty dish.
How To Make A Pineapple Bowl
Creating a pineapple bowl is a fun and visually appealing way to serve pineapple salsa or other dishes. Here’s a simple guide:
Select a Ripe Pineapple: Choose a pineapple that’s ripe but still firm. The leaves on top should be green, and the pineapple should have a sweet fragrance at the base.
- Wash and Cut: Wash the pineapple thoroughly. Lay it on its side and cut off the crown (top) and a small slice from the bottom to create stability.
- Cut in Half: Stand the pineapple upright and carefully cut it in half vertically, ensuring the cuts go through the center of the leaves.
- Core the Pineapple: Use a knife to cut around the inside edge of each half, leaving about half an inch of pineapple intact. Then, make crisscross cuts into the flesh, creating a grid pattern.
- Scoop Out the Flesh: Use a spoon to scoop out the diced pineapple pieces. Be gentle to avoid damaging the pineapple shell.
- Trim and Smooth Edges: Trim any remaining pineapple from the edges, and use the spoon to smooth the interior walls of the pineapple bowl.
- Optional: Create a Decorative Rim: For a decorative touch, use a knife to create a scalloped or zigzag pattern along the rim of the pineapple bowl.
- Fill and Serve: Fill the pineapple bowl with your desired dish, such as pineapple jalapeño salsa, tropical fruit salad, or even a seafood ceviche.
- Garnish (Optional): Garnish with a few reserved pineapple leaves or additional fresh herbs for a finishing touch.
Best Tortilla Chips To Go With Salsa Recipes
For the perfect salsa pairing, opt for classic, thin, and lightly salted restaurant-style tortilla chips—crispy vessels that let the salsa’s flavors shine with every satisfying crunch.
- 1 Small Purple Onion
- 1-2 Limes
- 3-4 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Small Orange Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Cumin
1. Cut the pineapple down the center lengthwise so the stem is also cut down the center. Do this carefully so the stems stay attached to each half.
2. Cut a grid pattern of squares into each pineapple half making sure not to cut through the rind. I left about an inch of pineapple around the edge of the rind. Dig out the pineapple chunks and chop them into very small chunks. Put them into a large bowl.
3. Chop the tomatoes, onion, orange pepper, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces. Put those in the bowl with the pineapple.
4. Chop a small bunch of cilantro and put that in the bowl along with the salt and the cumin.
5. Gently mix everything together and squeeze the juice of one or both the limes over the salsa and mix again.
6. Add salsa to the hollowed-out pineapple halves, then serve with tortilla chips.
Makes a delicious summer snack or light meal! Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 38Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
More Weight Watchers Summer Recipes
- Weight Watchers Blueberry Smoothie Bowl – 2 Points
- Weight Watchers Freestyle Egg Salad – 1 Point
- Weight Watchers Frozen Yoghurt Blueberries – 0 points
- Weight Watchers Four Bean Salad – 2 Points
- Weight Watchers Healthy Chicken Fajitas – 4 Points
- Weight Watchers Vegan Pancakes – 2 Points
- Weight Watchers Zuchinni Piza Boats – 3 Points
- Weight Watchers Griddled Sweet Potatoes – 2 Points
- Weight Watchers Avocado Caprese Salad – 2 Points