Kids have such a fascination with dinosaurs, and I have to admit that even as an adult, so do I! So this list of dinosaur crafts for kids is as much fun for us parents, teachers, and caretakers as it is for the little ones. We never outgrow a love for dinosaurs, do we?
Pair these dinosaur crafts with your favorite dinosaur books for extended reading and learning opportunities. Do them before or after a visit to the museum. Incorporate a few of them into a dinosaur-themed learning unit at school or home. There are so many ways to use these for fun and learning.
And there’s a dino craft here for kids of every age. From simple cut and paste crafts for toddlers and preschoolers to salt dough fossils and movable puppets for older kids, you’ll please all your future paleontologists.
Gather the kids and get started right away on one of these dino-mite crafts for dinosaur lovers.
Dino-Mite Dinosaur Crafts for Kids
1. Dinosaur Pom Pom Mat from Craft Play Learn:
Toddlers and preschoolers will love this dino-themed color recognition activity. It’s a wonderful printable to have on hand in daycares and early learning classrooms as well.
2. Rainbow Dinosaur Paper Plate Craft from The Inspiration Edit:
What’s cooler than a dinosaur? Well, a sparkly rainbow dinosaur, of course! This is a simple paper plate craft, but it’s made special because you can stand the dinos up! Your kids can display them in their rooms or the playroom.
3. Dinosaur Salt Dough Fossils from Make Life Lovely: Create some fantastic dinosaur fossils for your little paleontologists to study! After the kids help make them, they can bury them and then dig them up, just like real scientists.
4. Dinosaur Snow Globe from Little Bins for Little Hands: Make a dinosaur snow globe to display on the kids’ desk or in their bedrooms. This would make a fun DIY gift for Christmas or birthday.
5. Paper Pterodactyl Puppets from The Craft Train: Pterodactyls are, without a doubt, some of the coolest dinosaurs! Kids who’ve seen the most recent Jurassic Park movies will think so, too. These paper pterodactyls will provide your kids with countless hours of fun. Can’t you just see them now, flying them around your home?
6. Paper Plate Dinosaurs from I Heart Crafty Things: Learn how to make three different kinds of dinosaurs with this paper plate tutorial. I love the textured look of the paint, too!
7. Cupcake Liner Dinosaurs from Artsy Craftsy Mom: Cupcake liners are perfectly sized for creating tiny dinos. They’re super cute when you add dots and spikes and a fun background.
8. Dinosaur Soap from The Inspiration Edit: Soapmaking can be a fun activity for older children, and what kiddo wouldn’t like washing their hands with their own homemade dino soap? These soaps would make lovely party favors for a dinosaur-themed party.
9. Dinosaur Handprint Card from The Joy of Sharing: Turn handprints into adorable keepsakes. This dinosaur card was made for Father’s Day, but it’s a lovely card for birthdays, too.
10. Egg Carton Dinosaurs from Our Kid Things: Recycle some egg cartons and turn them into absolutely adorable dinosaurs. They look so friendly, don’t they?
11. Dinosaur Handprint Art from Simple Everyday Mom: Turn your child’s handprint into a work of art that you’ll all smile at for years to come. You could make a series of them on canvas to decorate a bedroom or playroom.
12. Cardboard Dinosaurs from Parenting Chaos: Use the printable template to create some durable cardboard dinosaurs. This project encourages kids to focus since not only do you need to trace, cut, and paint the shapes, but then you have to assemble all the different parts, too.
13. Dinosaur Easter Basket from Cutefetti: Make dino baskets with the kids this Easter! They may need some help with the fast-drying glue, but otherwise, this craft is totally doable for kids with developed scissor skills since it involves only basic shapes like circles and triangles.
14. Pop-Up Dinosaur Juniors from Red Ted Art: Based on the Dinosaur Juniors books, kids will find these puppets delightful! They pop in and out of the eggs like they’re hatching.
15. D is for Dinosaur Craft from Fun with Mama: If you’re doing letter-themed activities with your little preschooler, you need to fit this one in! You just print, cut, and paste this simple craft.
16. Toddler Dinosaur Craft from Fantastic Fun and Learning: Toddlers love dinosaurs, too! Adults will need to cut out the shapes, but then your tot can use watercolors or finger paints to add color to the cutout. Embellish with sparkles, tissue paper, stickers, or even pieces of washi tape!
17. Dinosaur Clothespin Puppets from Easy Peasy and Fun: This is a fantastic dinosaur craft for the classroom or at home. The open-and-close motion of the clothespins allows kids to be interactive with their dinosaurs.
18. Thumbprint Dinosaur Cards from Fun Handprint Art: These thumbprint dinos are perfect for helping the kids make cards for family and friends. What a sweet valentine!
19. Perler Bead Dinosaur Pattern from That Kids Craft Site: Perler bead crafts really take me back! Use the template to create your own Perler bead dinos to use for keychains, backpack bling, and more.
20. Dinosaur Paper Craft from Mess for Less: Sometimes, all you need is some colored paper and a little imagination to create something wonderful. Use the printable template for a simple cut and paste craft that you can do with the kids at home or school.
Don’t forget to check out our Crayon Recycling Dinosaur Craft. It’s super easy and fun and a great way to teach kids about recycling and looking after the environment.
Which dinosaur craft is your favorite? Don’t forget to pin this dino-mite list!