Pumpkin Themed Halloween Mickey Mouse Ears
Wearing Mickey Ears can be fun at any time of the year. In fact, there is no limit to when you can make and wear your own DIY Mickey ears and today we have a super fun tutorial for Halloween themed pumpkin Mickey ears.
This is an easy tutorial and super simple to follow. I’ve even included a Mickey pumpkin ears template to make it easy for you to recreate. Enjoy!
Supplies Needed For These Custom Halloween Mickey Ears
- Black, and orange glitter foam sheets
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Marker or Pen
- Black Sewing Trim
- Black Headband
How to Make DIY Mickey Pumpkin Ears
Download and print out the Pumpkin Mickey ears template.
Cut the template out and trace onto the foam. Cut the foam pieces out and set aside.
Use a black marker to add lines to each of the orange ear pieces like you see on a pumpkin.
You will need 3 pieces of the orange foam for each ear. Glue the 3 pieces of foam together with the glitter facing the front.
Repeat these steps for the smaller ears which go on top of Mickey’s head.
Glue the pieces of Mickey’s face to the front of the ears. Glue the smaller ears on top of Mickey’s face.
Start assembling the bow. Put the pieces of the bow together and add a bit of glue to secure in place. See photo for example.
Repeat this with the second piece.
Place the bow on the bottom piece of it and then wrap a small strip around the middle and secure with glue.
Glue a border around the ears with black sewing trim. Glue the ears onto the headband.
Glue the bow in the center.
Your DIY Mickey ears are ready to be worn!
Download Your Mickey Pumpkin Ears Template Here!
- Begin by shaping your fondant shapes.
- Roll out 24 spheres out of the white fondant, about 1/3 of an inch in size.
- Flatten each sphere into a small oval.
- Take small pieces of the black fondant and form even smaller ovals – these will act as the cupcake’s “pupils.”
- Press each black fondant pupil onto one white oval.
- Roll out the remainder of the white fondant until it’s about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Use the bottom of a large Wilton icing tip to cut out 6 circles.
- Use a paring knife to cut the circles in half – these will act as the cupcakes’ smile.
- In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat together butter, sugar and milk.
- Start the speed of the electric mixer on slow and gradually increase to high.
- Once the ingredients are well-combined and form semi-stiff peaks, the buttercream is ready.
- Divide the buttercream into 3 bowls.
- Tint each bowl of buttercream with its respective colour: teal, pink and yellow.
- Scoop the buttercream, one spoonful at a time and alternating colours, into a piping bag (with Wilton tip #12 attached) – this will help give it its “tie dye” look.Frost each cupcake generously, into a “poop emoji” shape.
- Assemble each cupcake with fondant eyes and smile.
- Serve and enjoy
Looking for more custom Mickey Ears to make? Then why not check out the following: