Our family always has a fall festival. Something that the kids can enjoy while the adults get to reconnect for awhile. Of course if we want to have time for the adults, we have to make sure the kiddos are entertained the whole time. These Autumn harvest cookies make great fall festival food ideas and are sure to be a hit with the kids.
Check out these Four Amazing Fall Activities to Do with Your Kids for more fun ideas!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Autumn Harvest Cookies Ingredients
- Nutter Butters
- Wilton yellow and green candy melts
- Miniature baking M&M’s
- Green lollipop sticks
- Parchment paper
- Decorating bag
How to Make Autumn Harvest Cookies
In a small microwave safe bowl, heat 2 cups of the yellow and 1 cups of green candy melts in separate microwave safe bowls.
Microwave on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
2. Carefully open a Nutter Butter.
Add a dollop of melted yellow chocolate and gently press a green lollipop stick onto the frosting side of the Nutter butter.
The sticks should stick out the top about half an inch.
Carefully place the Nutter Butters back together.
3. Place on a parchment paper lined baking pan and transfer to the freezer for 5 minutes.
4. Hold the lollipop sticks Nutter Butters over the melted yellow chocolate.
Dip the cookie in and let any excess drip off and set back onto the parchment paper.
5. Place 3 vertical rows of brown, yellow and orange M&M’s vertically onto the yellow chocolate covered Nutter Butters, rotating colours and transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
6. In a small microwave safe bowl, heat 1 cup of your green candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted, pour into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the end of the bag.
7. Use your decorating bag of green candy melts to draw green leaf like shapes to look like the husk of the corn of a piece of parchment paper, transfer to the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
8. Carefully peel your husk leaves off and add a dab of melted chocolate onto the bottom of husk leaf and carefully press onto the back of the Nutter Butter and let harden.
Your nutter butter Autumn harvest cookies are now ready! Enjoy!