This bariatric diet spinach and feta bake is a perfect solid food following gastric bypass surgery.
If your looking for gastric bypass recipe ideas then today I have a fabulous and tasty dish for you to try.
Following gastric bypass surgery a patient will go through several stages of eating. This starts at the liquid diet stage, progresses onto a pureed food diet, followed by the soft food diet and finally back to eating solid food once more.
As the tummy heals the body is better able to eat regular textured food and therefore by six months a bariatric patient will be able to eat solid meals in small portions.
Spinach And Feta Egg Bake Recipe
Ingredients For This High Protein Bariatric Recipe
- 3 tablespoons U.S.-grown soybean oil “(commonly labeled as vegetable oil)”
- 1 Small sweet onion (chopped)
- 2 packages(12 oz. each) Frozen chopped spinach (thawed, drained and squeezed dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces Crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of Cayenne
- 1 cup All-purpose flour (made from U.S.-grown wheat)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 4 Large farm-fresh eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄3 cup Milk
How To Make Bariatric Friendly Egg Bake
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease a deep-dish 9-inch pie plate.
Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet and cook the onion until softened, about 8 minutes.
Stir in the spinach, salt, pepper, feta, dill and cayenne, and transfer to pie plate.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the spinach mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving or let cool and serve at room temperature.
Serving Size: 1/3
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4ggCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 450mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gProtein: 9g