Weight Watchers Roasted Brussel Sprouts
I have a confession to make. I am one of those people who actually LOVE Brussel sprouts. It always amazes me how this little cabbage-like vegetable creates such strong opinions amongst people. There doesn’t seem to be an in between…you either love them or hate them!
So this recipe goes out to all my fellow Brussel sprout lovers. You are not only going to love the taste from how these Brussel sprouts are roasted but you can also proudly add these savoury little treats to your Weight Watchers recipes list.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Apart from being a delicious side dish that is Weight Watchers friendly, did you know that Brussel sprouts have many other health benefits?
The Health Benefits of Brussel Sprouts
Here are a few of the well-known benefits of Brussel sprouts:
- Brussel sprouts are high in fibre. In just half a cup of cooked sprouts, you will find 2 grams of fibre which makes up 8% of your daily fibre needs.
- They help you to maintain a healthy blood sugar level. This is also thanks to the high level of fibre in the sprouts which moves slowly through the body and slows the absorption of sugar into the blood.
- They are rich in various vitamins and nutrients such as Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Folate and Magnesium.
- Brussel sprouts are also known to be rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants assist to reduce your risk of chronic disease.
All in all, Brussel sprouts seem to be one of those foods that you should be adding to your diet. They are packed with a long list of health benefits (and I’ve only listed a few above) and are an easy and quick side dish or snack to prepare for yourself and the family.
And if you follow this delicious roasted Brussel sprouts recipe of mine, you can also have peace of mind that you will be following a slimming recipe that is Weight Watchers friendly, only using 1 point per 6 sprouts eaten.
So what are you waiting for? Enjoy.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
These roasted Brussel sprouts are so quick and easy to make, only requiring 15-20 minutes to make and can be eaten as a snack or a side dish to your main meal. Even better is the fact that you only use 1 Weight Watchers point per 6 sprouts!
So let’s get into the recipe…
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Yields: 8 servings of 6 sprouts
What You Need To Cook These Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Medium-sized bowl
- Cookie sheet
- 1 lb or 4 cups of Brussel sprouts (cleaned)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4-6 cloves of garlic (optional)
How To Roast Brussel Sprouts
Preheat oven to 400F
Cut the Brussel sprouts in half and place them in a medium-sized bowl.
Pour olive oil over the Brussel sprouts and toss them to coat.
Season with salt and pepper.
Spread the seasoned Brussel sprouts over a cookie sheet.
If desired, add whole cloves of garlic to the cookie sheet as well (do not mince the garlic as it will burn).
Place the cookie sheet in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring midway through.
Remove from the oven once the Brussel sprouts have browned.
These yummy Brussel sprouts are best enjoyed warm.
Busy now? Why not pin this recipe for later! Pinning supports my blog and allows me to share more fantastic content.