How To Make Playdough Batman Lego Tutorial
Today in anticipation of the release for the new batman lego movie, we wanted to share a tutorial on how to make playdough. As a previous early years teacher, I remember making playdough every day before the children arrived. I became pretty expert at this by the time Sylvia was born.
Playdough is a really great activity which can help children not only to explore and have fun but to learn and development. There can be many opportunities to develop imagination, ideas, fine motor skills and speech skills whilst playing with playdough.
You can even use playdough to teach maths and science, by counting and measuring ingredients and mixing colours. There are so many opportunities to teach kids with playdough, it’s truly fantastic. So here goes. I hope you enjoy this tutorial and enjoy creating your own playdough.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4 cup cold water
Purple food gel
Green food gel
Red food gel
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the flour and salt to combine.
2. Add the cold water and oil. Mix until well incorporated.
3. Remove the playdough from the mixing bowl and place on a flat, working surface. Knead for about 5 minutes until a soft and elastic dough forms.
4. Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and place in separate bowls.
5. Add 1/2 teaspoon of purple food gel into the first bowl. Knead until the colour is evenly distributed. Add more colour, if necessary, until you achieve your desired shade of purple.
6. Add 1/2 teaspoon of green food gel into the second bowl. Knead until the colour is evenly distributed. Add more colour, if necessary and knead again until well mixed.
7. Add 1/2 teaspoon of red food gel into the remaining bowl. Knead until the colour is evenly distributed. Add more colour, if needed, and knead until you obtain your desired shade of red.
7. ENJOY!! You can now add your Batman Lego characters. You can store the playdough in plastic Ziploc bags for up to 1 month.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial and enjoy this blog post.