Have you ever tried Sloppy Joes? If not your in for a real treat! Today I am sharing this homemade Sloppy Joe recipe which I’m sure you will love.
I first tried Sloppy Joes in the United Kingdom in my late twenties. I had lived a whole life without ever hearing of or knowing what a Sloppy Joes sandwich was and boy did I enjoy my first ever homemade sloppy joe. My American friend cooked what she called a Sloppy Joes Manwich. They were huge and super tasty!
Today I will share with you this easy sloppy joes recipe using ground turkey. It’s a healthy recipe and one my family adores! Even better, this recipe can be cooked in the Instant pot making it easy and super speedy!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
What Goes With Sloppy Joes?
You may wonder what side dish goes with sloppy joes? Sloppy Joes can be eaten on a bap or bread bun or with a number of side options. Here are my top recommendations for ways to eat Sloppy Joes.
- Bread – Make A Sloppy Joe Manwich
- Potato Fries or Wedges- Sloppy Joes taste great which fries or Wedges.
- Cheesy Tater Tots – These are so good and a great side to eat with homemade sloppy joes.
- Cauliflower Mash – This is a great option especially if you’re looking for a low carb option!
- Side Salad – You can enjoy your turkey sloppy joes with a side salad for a healthy sloppy joes option.
Now onto the best part, my ground turkey Sloppy Joe recipe.
Sloppy Joe Ingredients
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of Worchestershire sauce
How To Make Turkey Sloppy Joes
You can cook your ground turkey Sloppy Joes in an instant pot. You will begin by pressing the saute button on high for 8 minutes.
Add in your ground turkey, bell pepper, garlic, and onions. Now begin to brown the turkey.
Once the turkey has been browned stop the saute (if it’s still on).
Add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot, stir and cover.
Cook on high pressure for five minutes. Once the timer is up, press cancel and do a quick release.
Once all of the steam has released and the Instant Pot has depressurized, open the Instant Pot and stir. Give it a taste.
Adjust salt, pepper, and ketchup to your liking, if desired.
Your homemade sloppy joes will be delicious. This recipe makes 8-10 sloppy joes and they taste absolutely amazing.
You may also enjoy the following Instant Pot Recipes:
Please pin this healthy Sloppy Joes recipe. It is super tasty and will help support my blog!