Easter Chick Rock Painting Tutorial
Easter is creeping up on us and today I have a fun Easter themed Rock painting tutorial to share. It’s a cute Easter chick and one I think you will love. Have you been making anything for easter?
We sure have and today my daughter came home with a beautiful Easter bonnet made for her by a friend. It’s so lovely to have friends and be kind to one another.
Talking of kindness, you can paint these rocks as “Kindness rocks” and hide them away for someone else to find. I hope you enjoy.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Supplies For Rock Painting
- Rock Stone. We got ours from the river. Visit our post to see us collecting stones.
- Posca Paint Pens
Uni-posca Paint Marker Pen – Extra Fine Point – Set of 12 (PC-1M12C)Haawooky Kid’s Children Flexible Soft Pencil Magic Bend School Fun Equipment, 30 PieceUni POSCA PC-7M Paint Marker Art Pens – Large Bullet Nib 4.5-5.5mm – 15 Colours – New for 2017 – Black
How To Paint A Chicken On A Rock
To create your Easter Chick Rock Stone, find a good size stone. Use a pencil to outline the shape of your chick.
Next draw over the pencil markings with your yellow posca paint pen.
I like to use a thin posca pen for fine drawing and a fatter pen for colouring in.
The next step is to colour in the chick which your yellow pen.
You can colour both the body and wings the same of choose different shades of yellow.
I waited for the yellow paint to dry and then used an orange posca paint pen on the chick to create a beak.
I then used a white posca pen to add detailing.
The next part was to paint around the outside of the chick with a black posca pen.
The thin posca pen is best for detailing and makes a image stand out more.
The final step is to add eyes and feet to your Easter Chick.
Enjoy and have fun painting your own rock stones.
Don’t forget to take a photo and share with me on social media.
I would love to see your creations.
Enjoy this super fun Easter painted rock idea!
More Painted Rock Ideas You May Love
- How to make a Crocodile Rock Stone
- Jelly Fish Rock Painting Idea
- Moana Rock Stone Painting
- Cat In The Hat Rock Painting Idea
- Lumiere Painted Rock Idea From Beauty & The Beast
- Super Cute Unicorn Rock Painting Idea
- Bichon Dog Painted Rock Stone Tutorial
- Art Therapy And A Peacock Rock Stone
- Monster Rock Stones A Fun Idea For Kids
- Easy Butterfly Rock Painting Idea
- How To Create A Geko Rock Stone
Please Pin This Fantastic Chick rock Painting Tutorial For Later
- Posca Paint Pens
1. Find a good size stone. Use a pencil to outline the shape of your chick.
2. Draw over the pencil markings with your yellow posca paint pen.
3.Color in the chick with yellow pen. You can colour both the body and wings the same of choose different shades of yellow.
4. Wait for the yellow paint to dry and then use an orange Posca paint pen on the chick to create a beak.
5. Use a white Posca pen to add detailing.
6. Paint around the outside of the chick with a black Posca pen.
7. Use a thin Posca pen for detailing and add eyes and feet to your Easter Chick.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts and having fun as a family. Angela has also taught cooking skills and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!