Art and craft-themed activities are a fun way to keep your kids busy and occupied. They can be a bit messy – which is always fun and art activities tend to boost creativity as well as improve cognition. This inspired painting activity is centered around Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax and is a fun bubble wrap painting activity to get your kids to try out any time of the year!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why Bubble Wrap Painting Though?
You might have some bubble wrap leftover from an Amazon purchase that came in, and this activity can be a great way to put that to use! Using different mediums and textures for painting can be fun and bubble wrap printing is a great preschool or home activity the kids will enjoy.
Related Post: The Lorax Paper Bag Puppet And Free Printable
supplIES needed for the bubble wrap painting activity
Busy Now? Why Not Pin This Bubble Wrap Painting Craft For Later!
How to MAKE this Lorax Craft For Kids
Paint over the bubble wrap using a thick layer of yellow acrylic paint.
Place the bubble wrap over white cardstock for a few seconds, and then carefully remove the bubble wrap.
Allow the paint on the cardstock to air dry for a few minutes.
Using a black marker, draw around the Lorax’s moustache and cut it out using a pair of scissors.
Draw the rest of the Lorax on the orange cardstock and cut it out.
Assemble all the pieces together and place them on a new sheet. Stick using a glue stick.
This Lorax craft for kids is super fun and easy and is one preschool art and craft activity that will bring a smile to your child’s day.
- Colored cardstock
- Glue stick
- Chalk marker
- Bubble wrap
- Acrylic paint
- Paint over the bubble wrap using a thick layer of yellow acrylic paint.
- Place the bubble wrap over white cardstock for a few seconds, and then carefully remove the bubble wrap.
- Allow the paint on the cardstock to air dry for a few minutes.
- Using a black marker, Lorax's mustache and cut it out using a pair of scissors.
- Draw the rest of the Lorax on the red cardstock and cut it out.
- Assemble all the pieces together and place them on a new sheet. Stick using a glue stick.
Did you enjoy this fun painting activity? You may also love the following posts:
- Mermaid Printable Water Painting Craft
- Crab Rock Painting Craft For Kids
- Cat Painting Tutorial for Kids
- Halloween Rock Painting Idea For Kids
Don’t have time to do this craft now? Pin it to Pinterest so you can save it for later! I appreciate all shares and am grateful for your support!
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts and having fun as a family. Angela has also taught cooking skills and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!