Are you looking for some birthday party ideas for a Hawaiian themed day? These Luau Pretzel Rods are just what the party needs. They are delicious and will bring your Luau to life.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Tips for a Fabulous Hawaiian Party
In addition to making these Luau Pretzel Rods, here are some more tips for a fabulous Hawaiian party:
- Make sandcastle centerpieces.
- Hang travel posters of Hawaii, the Caribbean, or other tropical destinations throughout the party area.
- Play Luau party music in the background.
- Serve tropical snacks and drinks such as these Pineapple Cupcakes.
- Grab some Hawaiian party favors from Amazon. Here are some ideas:
Luau Pretzel Rods Ingredients
- Pretzel rods
- White candy melts or vanilla-flavored almond bark
- Pink candy melts
- Green candy melts
- Yellow candy melts
- Pineapple shaped sprinkles
- Flamingo shaped icing decorations
How to Make Luau Pretzel Rods
1. Melt the candy coating according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
2. Pour candy coating over two-thirds of the pretzel rod and shake gently to remove excess. If applying sprinkles, do so immediately rotating the pretzel rods to coat all sides. Larger sprinkles work best if placed individually.
3. Place pretzel rod on waxed paper or cooling rack. (Cook’s notes: Waxed paper makes for easier release.)
4. If dipping with additional coloured candy melts, allow initial candy coating to set completely. Then, transfer candy melts to a zip-top freezer bag or disposable piping bag with the corner snipped. Drizzle candy coating over the pretzel rods. Before the pretzel sets, gently pick it up and move to clean wax paper.
5. Let pretzel rods dry completely before packaging or serving.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Placing in the refrigerator may cause the pretzel to soften.
Please do pin this fantastic Hawaiian party food idea. Pinning supports my blog and allows me to share more fantastic content.