There have been many times I’ve gone to a party and thought the cake was amazing. I wanted to make one of these cakes for myself. That’s why I created this Unicorn Bunny Cake. Not only is she adorable, but she was a lot of fun to make!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
I give you full directions to make the cake below. As you can see, it turns out a nice yellow. After the cake is done, you can actually begin the process of frosting the cake. I don’t know about you, but frosting is my favorite part.
You’re going to frost the top of the cake, so you can layer it. You can see the process of layering below and how we eventually get to the full cake version.
I licked my fingers way too many times while making this cake. The frosting is literally my favorite!
As you can see, you’re going to spend some time frosting the cake. Take your time and do a good job.
Oh, and always make sure the cake is cooled down before you start frosting. You will have a mess on your hand if you don’t wait.
I know sometimes it’s hard to be patient when you’re making something like this.
You can see what I used for decorating this Unicorn Bunny Cake. I used a Bunny Ears and Eyes kit and a Unicorn Horn Cake Topper, both of which can be found on Amazon.
I hope you enjoy making this cake as much as we did. The Bunny Unicorn Cake is sure to bring a smile to your face.
I can imagine that bringing this cake to any kid’s birthday party would be a hit. Let’s not forget that you can also make this cake for everyday use.
Who wouldn’t enjoy biting into this adorable cake? Just make sure you take a picture!
Don’t have time to make this recipe now? Pin it to Pinterest so you can save it for later! I appreciate all shares and am grateful for your support!
- White cake
- 2 boxes of white cake mix
- 8 large Egg whites
- 2 ½ C water
- 1 C canola oil
- 3 - 9inch round cake pans
- 1 - 10inch round cake board
- Vanilla Frosting
- 3 C unsalted butter, softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pink gel food coloring
- 1 medium piping bag with star tip
- 1 medium piping bag with number 3 tip on it
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 package of Bunny Ear Cake Topper
- Decorating ingredients
- Bunny Ears and Eyes kit
- Unicorn Horn Cake Topper (Found on amazon as well)
- Cake directions
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray cake pans with pam baking spray
- Using a hand mixer and large bowl, beat all cake ingredients until
combined and smooth
- Divide the cake batter into the 3 cake pans
- Place into the oven and back for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
- Frosting directions
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients except for the colors
until combined and smooth but stiff with peaks
- Scoop 2 C of frosting into the medium mixing bowl
- Mix in a few drops of pink gel food coloring into the bowl and mix
- Scoop into the piping bag with star tip
- Scoop ½ C of white frosting into the piping bag with number 3 tip
- Building the Cake directions :
- Place one cake layer onto the cake board and cut the dome off the cake to make an even layer
- Repeat step with other two layers
- Scoop 1 C of white frosting onto the bottom layer and spread evenly
- Place the second cake layer on top and spread evenly 1 more cup of frosting
- Place the last layer of cake on top
- Use the remaining white frosting and frost entire cake
- Using the pink piping bag, pipe dollops all over the top of the cake
- Using the white piping bag, pipe dots of white onto the pink
- Place the ears and horn onto the top of the cake
- Place the eyes and mouth onto the cake
- Place into the fridge to harden the frosting before enjoying!
Don’t forget to check out our Unicorn Cake Tutorial