21 Family History Questions To Ask Your Grandparents
Last month was a difficult time for the family following the passing away of my grandpa David. Grandpa was a wonderful man and I recently wrote an article called 5 things my grandpa taught me.
As you may know I am a big fan of researching family history and learning about my ancestors and the past. While grandpa was around, I often asked him questions to learn more about his life and am grateful for the moments and answers he shared with me.
I’m going to have to write more in my personal journal about my memories and the things he told me before I forget everything. I think preserving memories of our ancestors is so so important.
Family tree is a hobby I love and with that said I am sharing a list of 21 Questions to ask your grandparents. I’ve also created a free downloadable printable which you can print off and take to your grandparents on your next visit.
I hope you find this useful.
21 Family History Questions
- Where were you born?
- Do you know why you were given your first name?
- Tell me about your siblings?
- Did you have a nickname growing up?
- What was the first trip you took in a car?
- Who was your best friend as a child?
- What was your favourite subject at high school?
- What do you remember about your grandparents?
- What was it like growing up in your home?
- What was your first date?
- What music did you like as a teenager?
- What is your earliest memory?
- Did you go on holiday as a child? If so where to?
- What is the most important lesson you have learnt during your life?
- What were your favourite hobbies growing up?
- What games did you play as a child?
- How did you celebrate Christmas when you were young?
- What was a naughty thing you did as a child?
- Did you have a pet as a child?
- Have you ever been in an accident? If so what happened?
- What advice would you give to your children now?
Download Your Free Copy of this Family History Questions Printable Here!
You May Also Enjoy Reading: