61 Fun Autumn Activities For Kids Plus Free Printable
Today on the blog I am sharing 61 Fun Autumn Activities for kids. Autumn is one of my favourite times of the year, I love it when the nights get darker and the air cooler.
I do like Summer but Autumn brings so much fun and it’s the activities from Autumn that I remember the most from my childhood.
So with this said I have created a list of 61 + fun Autumn activities that you can do with the kids.
These boredom busters are sure to keep you busy and I hope you find this list super useful.
61 + Fun Autumn Activities For Kids
- Visit A Farmers Market.
- Make luxury hot chocolate.
- Go on a road trip.
- Use Cinnamon to make some tasty treats.
- Visit a hot tub.
- Give thanks and write a gratitude diary. There is a fab post on Laura’s Lovely Blog on how to start a Gratitude Diary.
- Bake Yummy pies. Maybe a tasty Apple Pie.
- Try out some Face painting.
- Read a Book. There are so many awesome Autumn themed books out at this time of the year.
- Have a Pot Luck Party. I love Pot luck and trying out all the tasty recipes different people make.
- Explore the Woods as a family.
- Go camping for the night.
- Collect Leaves and paint them at home.
- Chop Firewood. I used to love chopping wood in the yard with my dad.
- Bob for apples. This is a fun activity which the kids are sure to enjoy.
- Have a movie night.
- Build a fire and toast marshmallows.
- Visit a corn maze.
- Carve Pumpkins. For fantastic ideas why not visit CuddleFairy and read her post on How To Carve A Pumpkin.
- Complete a puzzle. This is a great rainy day activity.
- Make a Scarecrow. Now that’s something i have never done but imagine it would be super fun.
21 Autumn Activities For The Family
- Have a Bake Sale – We have plenty of fun baking ideas in our Fantastic Food category.
- Knit – I have a whole lot of fun knitting ideas over on my Pinterest boards.
- Cook Beef Stew – You may love this simple Pepperpot Stew Hygge recipe from Elizabeths Kitchen Diary.
- Watch the Sunset. We used to climb a hill to see the sunset back when I was a child.
- Have a Picnic. This is always a fun option any season, maybe take some hot lentil soup and lots of yummy treats.
- Plant bulbs, It is the perfect time for planting.
- Snuggle under blankets. Now this is a great time of the year for snuggling. In fact my daughter has a fantastic snuggle sac which is perfect for this time of the year.
- Have Thanksgiving as a family celebrate the harvest or cook a lovely meal to give thanks.
- Play Board games. This is a fun time of year for playing games. We love Cluedo Junior and Monopoly.
- Go Rock climbing
- Can Fruit
- Collect Pinecones and make some fantastic pinecone crafts. There are some amazing ideas over on Red Ted Art.
- Cook a Turkey
- Go on a Nature Walk.
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch
- Make a wreath. There is a fab Wreath tutorial over on Pinks Charming.
- Make Apple Cider
- Go on a Bike Ride. This is something my daughter loves to do with her dad.
21 Fantastic Autumn Activities For The Family
- Grow harvest herbs
- Play kickball
- Go on a family hike
- Make Smores… ooh yummy yummy
- Go horseback riding
- Catch Falling Leaves
- Make popcorn – We have a fantastic Starwars themed popcorn recipe which would be fun to make.
- Drink Lattes
- Do leaf Rubbings
- Fly a Kite
- Go to a festival
- Play Catch
- Visit the local park.
- Go Geocatching
- Press leaves.