61 Fun Autumn Activities For Kids Plus Free Printable
Looking for some inspiration to get the kids excited and busy during the autumn season? Autumn is one of my favourite times of the year, I love it when the nights are darker and the air is crisp and cool. Today I’m sharing 61 Fun Autumn Activities for kids that are fun, affordable, and fantastic!
Yes, Summer does seem to be a favourite pick of the four seasons but don’t count out the cooler season! It has so many opportunities, plus it brings back so most memories from my childhood.
With this fall bucket list of kid-approved activities, you’ll love the breakdown of three smaller lists of 20+ fall season celebrations. Your family can pick their favorite 21 fall activities for kids, or challenge themselves to do it all! It’s your choice — these boredom busters and family favorites are sure to keep the kids occupied.
And, to make it convenient, I’ve created a handy downloadable autumn bucket list of these 61 fall challenges. You’ll find some awesome outdoor activities that may take a few minutes while others may keep the kids busy all day. In addition, I’ve included some with links to give you more details or examples. So, what are you waiting for, my friend?!!
Enjoy this wonderful and valuable free fall activities printable right here and start making beautiful memories today!
61 + Fun Autumn Activities For Kids
- Visit A Farmers Market.
- Make luxury hot chocolate.
- Go on a road trip.
- Use Cinnamon to make some tasty treats.
- Visit a hot tub.
- Give thanks and write a gratitude diary. There is a fab post on Laura’s Lovely Blog on how to start a Gratitude Diary.
- Bake Yummy pies. Maybe a tasty Apple Pie.
- Try out some Face painting.
- Read a Book. There are so many awesome Autumn themed books out at this time of the year.
- Have a Pot Luck Party. I love Pot luck and trying out all the tasty recipes different people make.
- Explore the Woods as a family.
- Go camping for the night.
- Collect Leaves and paint them at home.
- Chop Firewood. I used to love chopping wood in the yard with my dad.
- Bob for apples. This is a fun activity which the kids are sure to enjoy.
- Have a movie night.
- Build a fire and toast marshmallows.
- Visit a corn maze.
- Carve Pumpkins. For fantastic ideas why not visit CuddleFairy and read her post on How To Carve A Pumpkin.
- Complete a puzzle. This is a great rainy day activity.
- Make a Scarecrow. Now that’s something i have never done but imagine it would be super fun.
21 Autumn Activities For The Family
- Have a Bake Sale – We have plenty of fun baking ideas in our Fantastic Food category.
- Knit – I have a whole lot of fun knitting ideas over on my Pinterest boards.
- Cook Beef Stew – You may love this simple Pepperpot Stew Hygge recipe from Elizabeths Kitchen Diary.
- Watch the Sunset. We used to climb a hill to see the sunset back when I was a child.
- Have a Picnic. This is always a fun option any season, maybe take some hot lentil soup and lots of yummy treats.
- Plant bulbs, It is the perfect time for planting.
- Snuggle under blankets. Now, this is a great time of the year for snuggling. In fact, my daughter has a fantastic snuggle sac which is perfect for this time of the year.
- Have Thanksgiving as a family celebrate the harvest or cook a lovely meal to give thanks.
- Play Board games. This is a fun time of year for playing games. We love Cluedo Junior and Monopoly.
- Go Rock climbing
- Can Fruit
- Collect Pinecones and make some fantastic pinecone crafts. There are some amazing ideas over on Red Ted Art.
- Cook a Turkey
- Go on a Nature Walk
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch
- Make a wreath. There is a fab Wreath tutorial over on Pinks Charming.
- Make Apple Cider
- Go on a Bike Ride (this is something my daughter loves to do with her dad)
21 Fantastic Autumn Activities For The Family
- Grow harvest herbs
- Play kickball
- Go on a family hike
- Make Smores… ooh yummy yummy
- Go horseback riding
- Catch Falling Leaves
- Make popcorn – We have a fantastic Starwars themed popcorn recipe which would be fun to make.
- Drink Lattes
- Do leaf Rubbings
- Fly a Kite
- Go to a festival
- Play Catch
- Visit the local park.
- Go Geocatching
- Press leaves.
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts and having fun as a family. Angela has also taught cooking skills and loves to share both family recipes and easy instant pot recipes here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!