These are some awesome Star Wars Chewbacca and Leia Themed Cupcakes any Star Wars Fan to enjoy. Not just the little ones either, but the adults too. So here are my quick Chewbacca and Leia cupcake recipe. Also, it may be easier to pre-purchase your plain or chocolate cupcakes from the local market prior to starting this recipe.
Star Wars day (aka May the 4th), will so be upon us and many birthday parties to enjoy between now and May the 4th. Who are your favourite characters from the Star Wars Saga? Princess Leia or Chewbacca?
These Chewbacca Cupcakes are gorgeous and I am sure they go down well. They may be a Han Solo or a Luke Skywalker, however, I am sure they will be just what your little one(s) will enjoy.
- 2 to 3 cups chocolate frosting
- Candy eyeballs
- Black fondant
- White nonpareil sprinkles
- Place chocolate frosting in a piping bag fitted with an open star tip. Ice the cupcakes with the frosting creating stars. Allow frosting to dry slightly and gently press down any pointed peaks.
- Press two candy eyeballs onto each dipped cookie.
- Roll out black fondant and cut into strips (approximately ¾ inch by 2 inches.) Press white nonpareils into fondant. Lift fondant strips using an offset spatula and place at a diagonal over cupcake edge.
- With remaining black fondant, pinch a small piece and shape into a tiny ball for the nose. Place one nose under the eyes on each cupcake.
Chewbacca Process Photos
To make the Chewbacca decorations, these cupcakes are far more easier than the Princess Leia cupcakes.
Princess Leia Cupcakes
Princess Leia, what more needs to be said. A powerful force to deal with and she always was more than Han Solo could handle. So, if your Star Wars Girl wants some Star Wars Cupcakes for her Birthday. These will be just she ordered.
- 1 to 2 cups vanilla frosting in white
- 2 to 3 cups of chocolate frosting.
- Candy eyeballs.
- Heart sprinkles.
- Chocolate coated doughnuts (2 for each cupcake).
- Ice cupcakes with vanilla frosting, creating a flat surface.
- Place chocolate frosting in a piping bag fitted with an open star tip. Create a hairline with the chocolate frosting.
- Press two candy eyeballs onto each dipped cookie and a heart sprinkle, placing each to form Leia’s face.
- Attach a doughnut to each side of the cupcakes using toothpicks.
Princess Leia Cupcake Process Stages
The process for creating your Leia cupcakes are very straight forward. First you cover your base layer in white chocolate frosting.
You will need some of the brown frosting from your Chewbacca for decorating your Leia cupcakes todo the hair.
After the chocolate frosting hair, you will need some edible eyes and heart shapes as the mouth.
For the last stage you will need some chocolate coated mini donuts for Princess Leia famous side hair pieces.
Your Princess Leia Cupcakes are now complete.
Baking Equipment or Food Ideas
With a wide variety of cake, chocolate and jello moulds. You can make an assortment of party foods. A Darth Vadar pancake mould or a Stormtrooper chocolate for your deserts tray. Either there are plenty of ideas to go around.
Thank you for reading and taking your time to look at these Star Wars Chewbacca and Leia Themed Cupcakes. If you’re a fan of cooking and STAR WARS, you may be interested in reading about the new range of Star Wars Instant Pots. They are so awesome. Check them out today!
Leave a Reply