Sharing is caring!
5 Ways Your Kids Can Help in the Kitchen
Most kids love to help out in the home, especially as they get older. Sometimes, however, parents might worry that their kids are too young to help with certain things, like tasks in the kitchen. Helping in the home and having fun in the kitchen is a great way to learn new skills and can also give families the chance to spend more time together. So let’s look at how even younger children can help out in the kitchen.
Here are five ways your kids can help in the kitchen:
- Help plan meals – Kids of all ages can help you decide on meal plans for the week.
- Help prep for meals – They may be too young to help cook on the stove but they can help mix things, open things, and other prep needed before things go in the oven or the pot. My daughter loves to crack eggs and always enjoys mixing the bowl.
- Help wash fruits and vegetables – Washing in the kitchen is a great way to learn about kitchen safety and help, while still being safe for even young children to do. It’s a great opportunity to talk about healthy eating and teach kids about vitamins and good food.
- Help organise the pantry – Teach kids your system and help them learn to do organise. Sorting, cleaning, dating, and organising the pantry is an important task. Kids are never too young to start learning and this is a fun and different activity to take part in.
- Help clean the fridge – Same as the pantry, the fridge needs cleaning regular, inside and out. This is a great way for the kids to help out and can be a fun cleaning task to help out with.
Now that you have these ideas for how your kids can help in the kitchen, you’re ready to give it a try.
Curious Chef Chef’s Kit, 11-Piece, Blue/GreenONUPGO 4-Piece Nylon Plastic Knife Set, Safe Kids Cooking Knives with Serrated Cutting Edges, Children’s Fruit Knife, Bread Knife, Cake Knife, Lettuce Knife and Safe Kitchen KnifeJunior Chef 35-Piece Dishwasher Safe Kitchen-Quality Child Safe Cooking Accessory Set Includes Apron, Hat, Wooden Spoon, Bakeware, Knife and Recipe Book by Creative Kitchen