Sharing is caring!

Two Weeks After My Iron Infusion An Update

Two weeks ago I had my first Iron Infusion and today I went for my second infusion at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary. I wrote a blog post on going for an Iron Infusion for the first time if you would like to read about my experience. Today I am sharing how the first two weeks have been since my procedure.

Well, after my first infusion I felt shattered and exhausted. I slept a lot for one or two days and didn’t really feel much of a difference during the first week. After about 8 days I noticed a small improvement in my tiredness levels. I was able to better get into a routine for sleep which is something I have struggled with over the past year. I was also able to get up in the mornings and make breakfast for my daughter.

That may seem like a simple task but for months I had been too exhausted and have relied on my husband to do this. So already I have been able to spend more quality time with Sylvia in the mornings. I have had to go and rest again once she had gone to school. I am not out of the woods yet and have other conditions to deal with but I have been able to stand up and do a few things.

I did have a bad day on Thursday. I woke up low in cortisol. I could not lift my arms or legs and felt dizzy. I knew my blood pressure was too low and at around 11am I collapsed on the floor. John helped me to my bed and I rested up for two days. I had to double my medication and I needed to take extra on top of that. Sometimes I can work out what is wrong and what has caused my cortisol to drop. However I did not have any infections or virus that I know of. I did not have a period or skin infection and so I am left not knowing what caused this episode.

iron infusion

Either way I have got through my episode and am now back to low energy but better than the exhausted shell I was for the past few months. I am pacing and noticed I am on top of the dishes and laundry and so I am able to do a bit more each day as I pace.

I do have this horrid bitter taste in my mouth and I don’t know what the heck it is. Trust me it is yuck! I am not pregnant! It’s something to do with my Iron I think. I went out once last week. We went to the park for a photo shoot and I went and sat on the park bench to watch. I even put makeup on for the first time in forever.

I have misplaced my glasses. I don’t have a clue where they are. It’s been a whole week and I am going to have to try and search again. Today I went to the hospital for my second infusion and I am hoping my energy will increase even more. That would be great. I will always have to pace but getting my levels right will surely help.

Angela x