Chicken Alfredo Instant Pot Recipe
I have always been a big Chicken Alfredo person. I just love the creamy, cheesy goodness of it, and now I can make it myself with my Instant Pot. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you have to get one! In fact, you can get an Instant Pot on Amazon and start making this Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo in two days!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Ingredients for Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- 3 large chicken breasts – sliced in 1 inch slices
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- Ground garlic salt (1 teaspoon)
- Ground pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Finely minced parsley (1 tablespoon)
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 16 ounce package of Fettuccine
How To Make This Chicken Alfredo Instant Pot Recipe
- First, slice the Chicken breasts in 1 inch slices, and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Second, turn the Instant Pot to ‘SAUTE’ and add the butter and olive oil.
- After the butter is melted, add the chicken, and stir well.
- Begin to brown chicken on both sides, and continue to cook about 1/2 an hour, on the low setting.
5. When chicken is done, and no longer pink in the center, remove to a foil lined plate, wrap up chicken, and set aside.
6. Additionally, make sure there is butter left in the bottom of the instant pot – if no butter is left, or not enough, add 1 Tablespoon.
7. Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE, and melt the butter, then add the garlic and Saute for 2 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, turn off the Instant Pot and de-glaze the pot.
Add the Cream and Cook Noodles
- First, add the cream, and sprinkle a little garlic salt over the cream.
- Next, break the Fettuccine noodles in half, and add to the Instant pot, and stir the pasta, making sure the pasta is covered by the cream and chicken broth.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the pressure valve is set to ‘SEALING’, and press the MANUAL setting, and set the time to 2 minutes.
4. When the Pasta is finished cooking, and the pot beeps and goes to off, let the Instant Pot sit for 5 minutes.
5. Then, do a quick release by turning the pressure valve to ‘VENTING’, and allow all the pressure to released
6. Once the float valve drops down, then remove the lid to the Instant Pot.
7. Stir the cream mixture with the noodles, and let sit for one minute.
8. Then, add the Parmesan cheese to the Fettuccine noodles, and stir well to blend cheese into noodles.
9. Place the chicken back into the Instant Pot, and toss with Fettuccine.
10. Finally, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and finely chopped Parsley.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
To de-glaze a pan (or pot in this instance) let the chicken broth sit in the pot for a few minutes, allowing the bits on the bottom of the pot to soften a little.
With a wooden spoon, scrape the bits off the bottom of the pot and stir into the chicken broth.
This will give the sauce a really great flavor!
If you like this recipe, here are some other recipes you can pin as well:
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Meatballs Recipe
- Best Egg Bites Instant Pot Style
- Teriyaki Instant Pot Port Stir Fry