Christmas is a season for giving and a time to have fun with family during the festive season. One fun activity that can strengthen family bonds is making Christmas ornaments. Today we have a fun Wooden bear Christmas ornament that kids of all ages will love making.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Why We Make Crafts at Christmas?
Here are some of the reasons it’s good to make crafts at Christmas.
- Christmas crafts are a great way to spend time with your kids
- Kids will enjoy making their own gifts for family and friends
- It’s more economical than buying something new, especially if you have a lot of people on your list
- If you’re crafty yourself, it can be fun to make something for someone else as well as yourself
- You’ll save money by not having to buy wrapping paper or bows
- Making crafts is an excellent way to recycle old materials and use up scraps that might otherwise go into the trash can
Supplies Needed for This Christmas Decoration
Here are the supplies you will need for this simple Christmas craft
How To Make THIS Christmas BEAR ORNAMENT
You may want to begin by painting the background of your wooden slice ornaments. This can then be left to dry before proceeding with the craft later.
Use your paints to pint the shape of your bear. Add ears a mouth, nose eyes and cheeks. Paint the snowflakes on the blue background.
Use twine to create a hanger on your bear ornaments.
You can make a whole selection of bears and might want to try and make different Christmas ornaments. The choice is yours.
I really enjoyed making this fun Christmas craft and have plenty more ideas to share with you here on The Inspiration Edit. Check out these super fun ideas:
You might like to make some different Christmas ornaments. We have around 50 fantastic designs and ideas here on The Inspiration Edit. Check them out!
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who has specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts and having fun as a family. Angela has also taught cooking skills and loves to share both family recipes and easy crafts here on The Inspiration Edit. Follow her on Pinterest!