This Instant Pot Tomato Gnocchi Soup is so good, and super easy to make. The Instant Potreally infuses the flavors for this delicious old time favorite, but cuts the cooking time in less than half.
This is great on cool rainy days, or chilly winter evenings. You will love this recipe, and you can have this ready in no time, for those days when you’re really rushed, but still want a healthy and flavorful dinner for your family.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Ingredients For Tomato Gnocchi Soup
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Tablespoons of minced garlic
- 4 cups of Chicken broth
- 1 28 ounce can of stewed tomatoes – chopped
- 6 ounces of tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of seasoned pepper
- 1/3 Cup of Heavy Cream
- Store bought GNOCCHI, already made – usually found in the refrigerated section
- Fresh Parmesan cheese – to top soup
- Crusty Bread
- French Strick
How To Make Instant Pot Tomato Gnocchi Soup
Press the Saute button on the Instant pot, and add the butter. When it melts, add the onion, and saute until the onion is golden brown, or caramelized.
Turn off the saute setting, and add the minced garlic to the hot pot. Stir the garlic into the onion, and let it sit for 5 minutes. (The garlic will cook as the Instant Pot cools and it will release a wonderful aroma, and a sweet flavor).
Add the Chicken broth, and let the onion and garlic sit for a couple of minutes in the broth. With a large spoon, stir the pot, and scrape the bottom of the pot, de – glazing it, or loosening the stuck bits on the bottom.
Add the chopped Stewed tomatoes, and stir well.
Add the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, basil, oregano, brown sugar, garlic salt, and seasoned pepper, and stir well to blend. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the pressure valve is set to ‘SEALING’.
Using The Instant Pot Soup Button
Turn the lid until it beeps and locks. Press the soup button, and let the Instant Pot cook the soup. When the Pot is done, it will beep and go to ‘OFF’. Do a quick release – With a pot holder, and carefully, turn the pressure valve from ‘SEALING’ to ‘VENTING’, and release the pressure from the pot – this may take a couple of minutes.
When the pressure is completely released, the float valve will drop down – MAKE SURE THE FLOAT VALVE IS DOWN, BEFORE OPENING THE LID.
If you don’t know where the float valve is, read your Manual, and look at the lid of the Instant pot. Once the float valve is down, remove the lid to the Instant pot.
Instant Pot Burn Notice! What To Do!
Adding Cream To Gnocchi Soup
Add the 1/3 cup of heavy cream, and stir. Add the Gnocchi, and stir into the soup. Most fresh Gnocchi only need to cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
After a couple of minutes, the Gnocchi should be done, tender, but still a little firm.
Place in soup bowl to serve, and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese. Serve with your favorite croutons, bread or crackers. Enjoy!
If you purchase Gnocchi from the Pasta Isle, and not fresh Gnocchi from the refrigerated section of the Market, the cooking time will be different, and I don’t recommend it. Fresh Gnocchi has a better flavor, and cooks quickly.
Adding Parmesan Cheese To Soup
ALSO: DO NOT put the Parmesan cheese (or any cheese or milk) in the Instant Pot – it will curdle! And, ruin your soup.
Any time you’re cooking a recipe in the Instant Pot that calls for cheese or any milk product, always add it after you’ve cooked the dish in the Instant pot, and removed the lid, and not during cooking.
Don’t have time to make this recipe now? Pin it to Pinterest so you can save it for later! I appreciate all shares and am grateful for your support!
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- 31 Easy Instant Pot Recipes For Beginners
- 200 Easy Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
- Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes To Make Life Easier
- 20 Family Friendly Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Creamy Instant Pot Pork Chops
- 31 Mexican Instant Pot Recipes
- The Best Instant Pot Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
- The Best Instant Pot Casserole Recipes
- Instant Pot Chili With Ground Beef
- Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Teryiaki Pork Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Desserts For The Family To Enjoy
- 31 Lentil Recipes You Can Cook In Your Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Jam Recipes You Will Love
- The Best Instant Pot Rice Pudding Recipe
- Instant Pot Potato Recipes For The Family
- How To Make Instant Pot Cheese Cake
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- 31 Instant Pot Chicken Recipes To Cook
- Instant Pot Steak Honey Bites
- 20 Instant Pot Beef Recipes You Will Love