This recipe is for chicken and broccoli stir fry in a peanut sauce. It is a quick and easy dinner recipe which the whole family will love and can be made in less than 25 minutes.
A tasty homemade chicken stir fry recipe is a great healthy alternative to a typical Chinese takeaway and at a fraction of the price this delicious chicken and broccoli recipe is full of goodness and nutrition.
You can enjoy this tasty high protein recipe with rice noodles to keep the carbs to a minimum. It’s great on the budget and is an easy chicken and broccoli dish to create.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Ingredients For Chicken And Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 pound of quality chicken thighs
- 1 cup of peanut sauce
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oil, peanut or avocado
- 1.5 cups of broccoli, both the stock sliced thin and the florets
- A few thin slices off a purple cabbage, once cooked they almost take on a noodle like texture so feel free to add as much as you would like.
- Thin sliced orange peppers
- Mix of snap peas and snow peas
- 1 package of noodles, we used a rice noodles.
How To Cook Chicken And Broccoli Stir Fry
To create this chicken broccoli stir fry recipe you will need to thoroughly wash all of the vegetables before slicing and chopping. Once the broccoli and veggies are prepped you can begin to cook the chicken.
How To Brown Chicken When Making A Stir Fry
First you will need to heat the oil in a large non stick pan on a medium temperature setting. You have the option of using peanut or avocado oil. We used peanut oil when making this chicken stir fry.
Next trim the chicken and set into the hot oil, brown and then turn over. It’s as simple as that.
What Sauce Do I Add To Chicken Stir Fry?
You can add a number of different sauces to a chicken and broccoli stir fry. We used Peanut and soy sauces. You can use other sauces if you prefer but we love a good peanut flavoured Stir Fry.
The next part of this recipe you simply need to pour the peanut and soy sauces into your frying pan and mix with the chicken.
Next cook the noodles to the package instructions. Did you know Rice Noodles are a Vegan friendly food option?
Add in all of the vegetables except for the broccoli florets, cover and cook to your tenderness preference.
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and then toss in the florets and noodles.
Enjoy hot or cold. Store leftover in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Tips For Cooking This Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- We often like to cook double recipe when we make a meal.
- Cooking extra means you can store a healthy meal in the fridge for work the next day.
- Cooking extra portions of this stir fry recipe can save time and dishes. Who likes washing up? Not me!
- You can switch out the noodles for rice if you fancy having the meal a little differently.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY THE FOLLOWING CHICKEN RECIPES:
Please Pin this tasty Chicken and Broccoli Recipe