If you’re looking for a fun and exciting way to teach kids about emotions, then try this kids Emotions Bingo game! This free printable is perfect for parents, teachers, and counsellors to use with children of all ages.
Sponsored by Canon, this fun game can promote social emotional learning for young children who may be nervous about starting or returning to school.
Why Use Emotions Bingo?
Emotions are a crucial part of our everyday lives, and it’s important that kids learn how to identify and manage their feelings. However, talking about emotions can be challenging for children, which is why Emotions Bingo is the perfect tool for teaching them in a fun and engaging way.
Back to School Bingo
This emotions bingo game is based on the back to school or school bus theme. It includes 24 different emotions that kids may experience while at school, such as happy, excited, nervous, and more.
This printable bingo game can be used to help children prepare and settle into school life or as a way to check in with students and discuss their emotions. It’s also a great icebreaker activity for the beginning of the school year.
The fun facial expressions on the bingo cards can help children with emotional regulation and provide a great way to discuss feelings and emotions in a safe and comfortable way.
You can get the free printable cards at the bottom of the post.
Supplies Needed for Emotions Bingo
- Good Quality Printer such as the Canon PIXMA TS Series printer.
- White Printing Paper Or Cardstock.
- Paper Trimmer (Optional)
- Laminator and Laminating Sheets – Optional
How to Make Your Bingo Cards
- Download and print the free bingo cards (we used the Canon PIXMA TS Series printer to print out our bus templates).
- Print out one or two pages of the bingo emotions cards. Cut the calling cards out and place them in a bowl or hat.
Using the Canon Pixma Ts Series Printer
As part of this project I was sent a Canon PIXMA TS Series printer. The Pixma PIXMA TS Series printer was perfect for printing out our bingo cards.
This printer has a great minimalist design and can print out on Easy-Photo print paper, restickable paper, double-sided matter and on iron-on transfer media.
The PIXMA TS Series printer is simple to use and easy to set up. It has a OLED display and can connect to your computer or smart devices making it easy to print off our printable bingo PDF in great quality.
Tips for Cutting Out Your Bingo Cards
These printable bingo cards can be cut in a number of ways. You can cut out the bus bingo board using scissors or leave it on the white background and laminate.
I chose to cut out the buses, to make the boards more fun and bus shaped.
Cutting Out the Bus Template
When cutting the mirror on the bus, cut around the mirror as shown in the image.
To Cut Emotions Cards
For the emotion cards I used a trimmer. This is a great time saver and produces clean straight edges.
If the kids are cutting out the emotion cards themselves, then allow them to use scissors to practice their fine motor skills and use this as a feelings activity and an opportunity to discuss various emotions.
How to Play This Bingo Game
Playing Emotions Bingo is simple and easy. Here’s how:
- Give each player a bingo card.
- Draw an emotion card from the bowl and call it out loud.
- If a player has that emotion on their bingo card, they can collect the card and use it to cover the child with that emotion in the bus window.
- The first player to get four emotions in a row wins!
- Encourage children to name and describe the emotions they are feeling as they play the game.
- Use these printable emotions cards as an opportunity to discuss strategies for managing antisocial or aggressive behavior.
- Have students draw their own emotion cards to add to the feelings bingo game.
- Play bingo in a small group or as a whole class for added social and emotional learning.
- Use this fun game at the beginning of the school year to help students get to know each other and start conversations about their own feelings.
Do I Need Bingo Markers?
No, you can use the actual emotions calling cards to place on your Bingo bus board however if you wish to use markers you can choose that option too.
What Are Bingo Markers?
Bingo markers are small objects used to cover called out spaces on a bingo card. Markers can be anything from coins, buttons, or even small candies. Alternatively, you can laminate the cards and use dry erase markers to circle the emotions.
Print Your Feelings Bingo Cards Today!
Emotions Bingo is a great way to teach kids about emotions in a fun and interactive way. It’s perfect for the back-to-school season, however you can play feelings activities and emotions activities anytime throughout the year as a fun way to check in with children and promote social emotional learning.
Don’t forget to download the free printable cards below and have fun playing Emotions Bingo! And remember, talking about emotions is important for kids’ overall well-being, so keep the conversation going even after the game ends.
So, go ahead and print out these fun bingo cards today and start a meaningful discussion about feelings.
Get your free printable bingo card template here.