If you’re looking for bat crafts for kids or fun and spooky Halloween craft idea then look no further! Today on The Inspiration Edit we have a super fun and easy Halloween bat art project for kids of all ages which uses oil painting.
Creating this bat craft is not only fun, it’s a great way to teach children about oil pastels, how to blend and mix colors. That is a great skill to learn and one that can be used in future art projects.
Supplies For This Spooky Bat Craft
Supplies needed for bat art project:
How To Create This Bat Painting
Download and print out the Bat template.
Carefully cut out all the bats from the template and set aside.
On a white piece of construction paper or cardstock, draw a circle (moon) with yellow pastels and then trace that circle with orange.
Use your fingertips to smudge the colors together.
Use blues and greens to create color around the moon.
Put a thick layer of oil pastel on and then use your fingertips to blend, blend, and blend some more.
Once finished, draw a border around the entire piece of paper with black oil pastel. Blend the black pastel towards the middle of the paper.
Once satisfied with the result, glue the bats all over the moon.
You can totally make this project unique and experiment with many different colors.
A white moon with a purple and pink background sounds amazing!
Your Halloween bat painting is now complete and ready to display.
Download Your Free Bat Template Here!
- Lightly spray bundt pan with oil
- Mix cake mix and 1 1/4 cup water in a bowl.
- Pour into bundt pan.
- Cover with foil - this is optional!
- Pour 2 cups water into the IP inner cooking pot.
- Add trivet and bundt pan.
- Close lid.
- High pressure for 35 minutes.
- Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes.
- First, cut your Angel Food Cake in half, horizontally (so it is two circles- one on top of the other).
- Remove the top circle, set aside.
- Frost the top of the bottom half of the cake and generously sprinkle
- with heath bars.
- Add the top of the cake and frost the entire thing.
- Add heath bits all over the cake.
- Let set for about 1/2 hour, cut and enjoy your delicious Instant Pot Toffee Angel Food Cake.
You may also enjoy the following Halloween Craft Ideas: