Ready to teach your little one about underwater creatures and life? From seahorses and swordfish to crab and puffer fish- there’s so much to discover and explore, and here’s a quick and fun way to make it even more interesting.
Read on to discover everything you’ll need to get started on this fun puffer fish craft idea, and step by step instructions to help you do it right.
Time to read on and get started momma!
Supplies Needed For This Puffer Fish Craft
You probably already have most of the supplies needed to create this fun puffer fish craft activity. You’re ready to get started momma!
- Colored Stock Card
- Black Marker Pen
- Iodised salt
- Watercolor Paints
How To Make This Puffer Fish Craft For Kids
Begin by downloading your free puffer fish template.
Print out your free puffer fish template and cut out the pieces.
Assemble your puffer fish craft and glue together to. This super cute blowfish idea can be made using a number of colors and you can choose any style you like.
Once your blowfish pictures or crafts are complete you may want to add these to a classroom display or mount them onto a piece of card stock.
We chose to add our puffer fish to an ocean watercolor background. To paint this background grab some blue watercolor paint and a piece of paper. Once completed leave to dry out.
You can print off bubbles and or other ocean creatures to add to your picture or display. We have lots of fun ocean creature templates here on Craft Play Learn.
Enjoy this super cute blowfish craft. The puffer fish does not have to be scary and huge. Make some super cute puffer fish with the kids today!
Don’t forget to share your creations with us! We would love to see them!
Download Your Free Puffer Fish Template Here
Fun Fact About Puffer Fish
Get your hands on some good ocean and sea themed books for your little one, that you can read out during bedtime, or even before you actually begin with the craft. In addition, I’ve put down a quick list of some fun and interesting facts about puffer fish that you can teach your toddler, and make the most of your activity together.
- Puffer fish are known for their ability to inflate themselves into the shape of a ball.
- They do this to protect themselves from danger.
- Most puffer fishes are 3 feet in length.
- Puffer fish live in shallow waters, and mostly around coral reefs.
- They live for 4-8 years.
- Puffer fish may have different colors- blue, white, gray, brown and even yellow.
- Cook macaroni to al dente according to package directions, drain and rinse. Transfer to large bowl, let cool.
- While macaroni cooks and cools, chop red onion, bell peppers, parsley and dice carrot, set aside.
- Add red onion, bell peppers, parsley, carrot, mayonnaise, mustard and salt and pepper to macaroni.
- Mix well, refrigerate until cool. Serve cold or at room temperature.
You can also get the bubbles template here! Plus, also don’t forget to check out this quick list of some other similar fun activities for your little one- most of them are ocean themed!