Painting is one of the most fun-filled art and craft projects for toddlers. Experts believe that it can be a wonderful way for young minds to improve their creative abilities and of course, motor skills too, and if you’ve been looking for a good painting activity for your little one, I’ve got just the thing for you.
Read on to discover the Betta fish art project that helps your little one experiment with watercolor fish painting this time.
Go ahead and grab those old newspapers and set them ready for your little one to have fun with this messy yet super engaging activity!
This art project is super simple. You’ll just need these supplies to get started!
Supplies Needed For This Watercolor Fish Craft
- Colored Stock Card
- Black Marker Pen
- Iodised salt
- Watercolor Paints
How To Paint A Fish Using Watercolors
Begin by downloading your Betta fish template.
Once your free fish printable is printed you can cut out the fish and begin the painting process.
Painting with watercolors can be fun. Choose the colors you want to use for your fish, find a brush and begin painting your super cute Betta Fish templates.
You could make several fish or a whole array of different colored Betta fish it really depends on the type of fish project you want to work on. These could go great with a water themed unit study and would be fun as a art project at home or in the classroom
Paint a piece of paper using blue watercolors and make your own water background. Once dried you can glue your Betta fish to the background and mount it on the wall or a classroom display.
I hpe you enjoyed this watercolor fish painting tutorial. It really is quite simple. If you’re looking for something a little more tricky, why not print out one fish and try hand drawing your betta fish. If not, stick to the templates, they are free and pretty easy to use. Enjoy!
Download Your Free Betta Fish Template Here
Fun Facts About Betta Fish
While your little one is busy coloring his heart away, you can also drop in and introduce to him some fun facts about the Betta fish, to make his experience a more educative one too!
- Betta fish are one of the most brightly colored and beautiful fishes out there.
- These fish are very intelligent, and they can be trained to do tricks too.
- Most Betta fishes can live along with other kinds of fishes too.
- Different Betta fishes have different tail shapes and sizes. Some of them are in the shape of a double feather, a comb, a rose or even a spade.
- Male Betta fishes are larger than females, and they have even more beautiful fins.
- These fishes can survive outside of water for short periods too.
- Place the frozen chicken breast in the bottom of your instant pot.
- Add the chopped onion, butternut squash and butterbeans
- Mix 20o ml of hot water with the vegetable stock cube.
- Pour the vegetable stock into the pot.
- Add a can of chopped tomatoes to the pot. Alternatively you can add a cup of freshly chopped tomatoes.
- Add the garlic powder, chilli powder, paprika and mixed herbs.
- Close the instant pot lid and cook for 12 minutes. (If using fresh chicken knock 4 minutes off your time).
- Once the food is cooked, release the steam carefully and then shred the chicken using two forks.
Did your little one love this fun filled art project? Why not take it a step further and try some related craft activities together too? I’ve listed down some of my personal favorites here for you to access easily.