Our bodies gradually change as we get older. Beyond changes to mental acuity and physical strength, our skin begins to alter as well. The changes can seem to take you by surprise, but they don’t just appear overnight. Truthfully, our bodies gradually change as we age, with little alterations becoming more and more noticeable as time passes.
While we age with time, there are things you can do to get ahead of its effects. A consistent beauty regimen can help you maintain your physical health as the decades go on and on, but what will needed regimen modifications look like? They aren’t drastic, and simple adjustments can keep your skin looking healthy and younger even once in your 50s.
Into Your Thirties
Prior to your thirties, you might still feel invincible. Your twenties have been a strange but uproarious time, and you’ve lived your life all while noticing very little signs of ageing. Maybe the skin beneath your skin looks a bit darker or you got minor crow’s feet by your late 20s, but not much else besides that. You can still move without pain, party through the night, and get by with ease.
It’s a different story once you hit your thirties, though. Beyond the basic aches and pains you may feel, you’ll most notice changes taking place across your skin. The ways our skin heals, protects, and regenerates itself—including hydration, nutrition, and oxygenation—slows as we age, leading to skin feeling less smooth and soft while looking aged, dull, and loose.
Suddenly skin will feel drier throughout the winter, requiring more moisturizers; the skin will burn easier indirect light, and you may even notice more freckles showing up across your shoulders, forearms, and hands; soon, face lines will begin appearing, signalling they’re here to stay with you.
These sudden shifts to your skin health might feel as if they’re taking you by surprise, but they don’t need to. By adopting a skin-care routine, you can effectively get ahead of the potential effects of ageing, helping to mitigate or manage them more readily than your peers. Steps, such as the following, can help you looking refreshed and in your 30s without any worries:
● Wearing sunscreen whenever you go out into the sun to protect skin from harmful ultraviolet rays and retain moisture.
● Applying an eye cream in the morning to reduce darkness beneath the eyes and to make yourself look refreshed and well-slept for the day to come.
● Hydrating skin throughout the day and before bed with hydrating creams made with natural ingredients, helping skin look refreshed, healthy, and supple.
Your 40s, 50s, and 60s Come Rolling Along
While your 30s might feel drastically different, your 40s are more of the same—just heightened. And it only continues with each and every decade. Beyond the effects taking place within your body, pollution from your environment can drastically change the quality of your physical features over time, from basic irritation to an increased likelihood of cancers occurring. Similarly, the mental toll of the past few decades can lead to increased signs of ageing, from dry skin to inflammation.
Moreover, changes might start occurring to the health of your hair and hairline, especially among men. You may notice your hair thinning and your hairline receding more than you remember. Women might struggle with similar issues, although their hair thinning will travel across the scalp while their hairline largely remains untouched.
Other changes will begin occurring across the body, too, such as skin pigmentation lightening and skin feeling drier and puffier—the latter is brought on by the body creating fewer proteins than were once necessary to maintain complete skin health. Some new products should be considered in your 40s and above, increasing the lineup from your 30s. Products added to your beauty regimen may include:
● Lash serum – As you get older, your hormones change and it can cause eyelashes to fall out and not grow back. Good thing lash serums are now available which help make lashes grow faster, longer, and thicker
A natural skin-firming product, which will help lift and moisturize the skin to ward off oncoming wrinkles.
● Power-lifting serums, which are a great addition to help skin appear visibly tighter and more youthful. Keep an eye out for serums made from natural ingredients, such as Kangaroo Flower or Mitracarpus extracts, which leave skin feeling refreshed without needing lab-created and paraben-laced additives.
● An eye balm that includes a stimulant such as caffeine, as this will help lift the skin under the eyes while reducing sight of circles, puffiness, and wrinkles, leaving your eyes looking refreshed each day.
● Anyone struggling with hair thinning or hair loss should consider the addition of a laser hair regrowth cap. Simple and effective, this hair regrowth treatment can make your scalp look a decade younger than it is.
Maintaining Beauty at Any Age
There are numerous products we can add to our daily beauty regimen by decade, but there are a few essentials you can incorporate no matter your age. Some of these essential products and adjustments include:
● Exfoliate regularly – Removing dead cells from your skin helps to stimulate collagen production, which will help your skin appear more elastic, vibrant, and young.
● Incorporate multi-use hydration products – The best way to maintain skin health is to help retain moisture. It’s best to introduce a multi-step hydration routine to moisturize your skin, helping to fight off dry skin, oil buildup, and more.
● Shampoo and condition your hair, but not too often – Washing your hair every day can be hard on scalp health, and potentially damage your hair. Along with incorporating a hair regrowth device, consider making minor adjustments to improve your overall scalp health.
● Use a weekly face mask – Natural face masks can help to hydrate your skin, all while also providing collagen-stimulating nutrients to keep your skin looking fresh, vibrant, and rejuvenated.
● Take time for personal massages – Gently massage oil or your daily moisturizer into your skin after you get out of the shower, and take your time. It’s a great way to make sure you don’t miss any dry spots.
● Always wear sunscreen – The sun does serious damage to our skin, and there’s no reason to take risks. Protect your skin whenever you plan on going outside.
● Keep an eye out for changes – Changes to your skin will crop up over time. It’s important that you regularly check your skin and hair for sudden variations. While most won’t be too worrisome and can be treated with basic moisturizing, this can help you watch out for signs of potential disease.
Age comes to all, but we can help improve the quality of our skin and hair by adjusting our beauty regimens over the years.