Upgrading your home is one of the best investments you can make, and the return on your investment is likely to be much bigger than whatever you’re paying for renovations. While home improvements can be costly, quite a few of them pay off big time by increasing the value of your home and its property. Here are some great home investments that pay off big time.
A whirlybird vent or turbine is a great home investment that pays off big time. It works by attaching to your roof, where it will sit and spin with the wind. As it spins, the whirlybird vent draws air throughout your attic space. Keep in mind that whether it’s Fremantle Roofing Services for whirlybird installation in Perth or some other qualified installation service, just make sure to look out for a roofing company that knows what they’re doing as an inexperienced contractor will end up costing you valuable money. A whirlybird might be an investment in your roof, but it’s a worthwhile one. Here are the benefits of a whirlybird:
- Helps reduce moisture build-up inside of your attic space by increasing ventilation. Moisture causes wood to expand and contract, causing some parts of your home to weaken over time. If water vapour isn’t allowed to escape, then it can also cause mould and mildew growth as well as damage to your home’s structure.
- Allows you to use your heating and air-conditioning less, which will save you money on your energy bills.
- Increases the overall lifespan of your roof. This is because a whirlybird allows hot air to escape from above, preventing heat damage to shingles and rafters. This prevents moisture damage as well as wood rot. This is a great if you need to warm your attic space.
Solar Thermal Panels
Solar thermal panels are another great investment that pays off big time. They work by harnessing the sun’s energy to heat your home, either through water or air. Here are some of the benefits of solar thermal heating:
- Increases the value of your home by making it more energy-efficient, which is something many buyers are looking for these days. If you’re looking to sell your home in the near future, then solar thermal panels are a great option to consider. They’ll make your home more attractive to potential buyers while also saving you money on energy bills.
- Reduces your carbon footprint by using renewable energy rather than non-renewable energy sources like fossil fuels that produce harmful greenhouse gases.
- If you opt for solar heating for your pool, then this will also pay off big time as you’ll have a heated pool all year round.
An In-Ground Pool
If you love hosting summer barbecues and pool parties for your family and friends, then an in-ground swimming pool might be a good home investment to make. Not only does it look great, but it will pay off big time as well. Here are some of the benefits of building an in-ground pool.
- Adds value to your home, which is good for resale or fixing up if you’re looking to move soon. According to real estate agents, an in-ground pool adds an average of $10,000 to a home’s value.
- It’s a great option for adults and kids alike because it adds value and provides endless entertainment to your family and friends. As a result, you’ll find that your home is always full of people who want to use the pool whenever they visit, especially during the summer.
- It’s a great way to exercise and lose weight, especially in the summer when it can be too hot for other activities.
Adding brick facing to your home can significantly increase its value. Not only does it look great, but brick is also long-lasting and more durable than other exterior materials like wood or stucco. It makes for an attractive feature that enhances your curb appeal and draws attention to the front of your home.
If you’re selling your home, then it will definitely appeal to potential buyers who are looking for homes with notable features like brick facing so it adds value to your home, especially if you choose a brick material that is more expensive and durable. According to real estate data, adding a brick exterior to a house adds an average of $3,000 to its value.
If you have a two or three-story home, then having an elevator is definitely a good investment to make. Not only will it save time, but it will also save you energy because you won’t have to climb up and down the stairs anymore. Plus, it’s safer for elderly people who are at risk of falling when climbing stairs, which reduces the risk of injury.
The homes that pay off the most are those that have additional features that add value to your home, whether aesthetically or practically. What you’ll find is that these homes appreciate in value over time because they’re usually in high demand and short supply, which is why they’re such great homes to invest in.