Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
Not so long ago, I was tagged by the lovely Clare over at Mudpie Friday’s which happens to be one of my favourite Children’s activity/idea blogs. Clare tagged me for The Sisterhood of the World Award for which I would like to say Thankyou.
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
Here are the questions I was asked to answer and I hope you enjoy learning a little more about me.
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging for two reasons. Firstly I wanted to record our family fun, our adventures and activities but also as a way to raise awareness and stay connected with people whilst living with adrenal Insufficiency- an illness which effects my family every day.
What is your favourite post to date?
My favourite post is called- I am the blogger who Peed in a Field. It is a heartfelt post/poem about being a Mother who is chronically unwell and how it effects me and my child. Sadly when I posted, it didn’t do quite as well as I would have liked however it has to be my favourite so far. Please if you have time go and read it! I think it is brilliant!
If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
That’s easy my illness- I would be healthy inside and out.
What are you most proud of?
Being a mother. I love my daughter so much she is my world and i’m so proud of all we have been through together and the bond we have.
If you were given three wishes what would they be?
- To be able to teleport whenever I wanted to, to New Zealand to see my Mum and Dad, my Sister and her kids as well as other friends and family whom I miss dearly.
- I would wish for the Adrenal Pump to be available on the NHS to all AI patients. This is a new technology which is changing lives of people with adrenal insufficiency. It is not available to everyone- including myself. This is why I blog and fight each day. I am trying to raise money, save and find a way to get this life changing pump and change my family’s life.
- I would wish for a lump sum of money- enough to buy a family home, to give my child good opportunities, to pay for our needs and a few wants and to be able to help others in need.
Which one of your possessions has the most sentimental value to you?
I really had to think about this one. I guess I have to think about the one item I would be devastated if it got destroyed and I think that would be my collection of Journals. I have been Journal writing most of my life.
What is your favourite tipple?
Funny Question! I can honestly say that I’ve never tried alcohol as it was not part of my religious upbringing and when you don’t try something you don’t miss it. I do however love sparkling white grape juice and we had about 100 bottles of this at our wedding.
What have you been reading recently?
Good Question. Sylvia and I have just finished reading The Isle of The lost- the Prequel to the Disney Descendents by Melissa De la Cruz. I actually wrote a review. I’ve read that and a whole lot of blog posts of course.
Who is your all time favourite artist/album/song?
At the moment it would have to be Happy by Leona Lewis. I used to play this in my car in New Zealand after I left my abusive marriage and then once I arrived int he uk with Sylvia. We would sing it all the time. Even when she was a baby she loved to sing.
Share a recent picture of yourself
This is a picture of me and 2 of my best friends in the world. We are all mothers originally from Yorkshire and have been friends for quite a few years. We are also now all bloggers. Mary writes The Hearty Life– a blog that discusses infant loss and family life. Esther writes Inside out and About a blog on fashion, outings, home design and Lifestyle.
Thanks for reading. As this is the Sister of the World Blogging Award. I now Nominate Mary and Esther to write your posts.
Here are your questions.
- Where did you go on your honeymoon?
- What aspect of your blog would you like to improve the most?
- What is your most successful blog to date?
- What is your favourite Travel Themed Movie?
- Who is your favourite Author?
- If you had 2 wishes what would they be?
- What’s your favourite Pizza Topping?
- When it comes to shoes Hells or flats?
I look forward to reading your posts!