Sharing is caring!
My Second Weight Watchers Meeting
Today I weighed in at my second Weight Watchers meeting after one week on the new Flex Plan. I have lost weight which I’m super pleased about this. I am finally headed in the right direction and so glad I made this decision to try something new.
My starting weight last week was 18 Stone 3.5 pounds and I am now 17.12. I lost 5 and a half pounds in my first week.
My first goal was to get into the 17 Stone category so I achieved it.
I do realise that the first week of a new weight loss plan is usually the week you lose the most and therefore I don’t expect to lose this amount on a regular basis. In fact it’s best to lose between 1 to 2 pounds a week.
So I was allowed to eat 28 points of food per day and 42 weekly points of food. I tried to eat nutrition dense food and use my points wisely. I have mineral and vitamin deficiencies so I tried to choose foods with a variety of goodness in them.
So in addition to counting points, I started adding my food to the My Fitness Pal App and making sure I eat enough Iron, Potassium, Calcium, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
Struggling On The Weight Watchers At Night
I think the hardest thing for me was craving sweet food after my evening meal and late at night.
This is my danger zone and the time where I begin to struggle. I often feel really hungry between 7 and 12pm and at times I really felt like eating chocolate or a biscuit.
I bought some digestives and just had one per evening when I could not last any longer but I factored it into my weekly points. I think I need to save a few points for night as that is when things can get tough.
The My Fitness Pal App is really cool and it can tell you how much of certain nutrients you need, what you’ve had and how much more you need for the day.
I think this is going to help me work towards getting good nutrition and prevent me from eating pointed food which has no nutrition or might leave me feeling even more hungry.
So I thought I’d share some of the foods I ate this week.
Weight Watchers Meal Plan
These are some of the meals I had this week.
- Shepherds Pie with Sweet Potato topping and Green Beans (Homemade)
- Fish fingers Potato and Mixed Vegetables . (Homemade)
- Jacket Sweet Potato, Tuna Mayo and Salad . (Homemade)
- Weight Watchers Chicken and Lentils Indian Curry. (£2 Ready Meal)
- Omelette with tomato, spinach, mushrooms and ham (Homemade)
Zero Point Snacks on Weight Watchers
- Carrots and Hummus
Pointed Treats on Weight Watchers
- I had one Cadburys Cream Egg
- Weight Watchers Digestive Biscuits
Experimenting on Weight Watchers
Sylvia and I made some banana and oat pancakes which she loved and was a fun activity. They turned out okay and she had lemon and sugar on hers.
Exercise On Weight Watchers
Due to my health it is hard to exercise however I managed to go out twice with Sylvia and the dogs on a very short walk which was great and I will try again next week to do the same or walk a little further.
I would like a fit bit, however these gadgets are not cheap so I purchased a pedometer for £9.99 for now and in future when I can afford it I will upgrade to a fitbit.
Lessons Learnt On Weight Watchers
I learnt don’t take your child with you to your meeting! Just joking. Sylvia wanted to come with me and I bought some weight watchers shortbread.
However while I listened to the leader of the meeting, my daughter nibbled on the biscuits and by the time I noticed there was only 2 left.
I am going to set some mini goals this week including working out my usual daily steps and then trying to move more in the home. The pedometer will come in handy.
So that is a summary of my first week. My goal for week two is to plan my meals better and plan a food shop around nutritious and budget friendly food options.
We went to Aldi which helped us stretch our money further and managed to get some good food to make meals and snack on. Now for week two. I can do this. I need to.
You may like the following posts:
- The Liver Shrinking Diet
- Gastric Bypass Surgery – The Painful Truth
- One Week After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Eight Weeks After Bariatric Surgery
- Nine Weeks After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Twelve Weeks After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- My Meal Fourteen Weeks After Gastric Bypass
- Sixteen Weeks After Bariatric Surgery
- Twenty Weeks After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Twenty Four Weeks Six Months After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Thirty Weeks After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- 9 Months After Weight Loss Surgery Feeling Like A Failure Versus Feeling Positive
- One Year After Gastric Bypass Surgery
- 2 Years After Gastric Bypass The Truth About My Weight Loss
- Finding Out My Gastric Bypass Had Failed
- The Battle Between Adrenal Insufficiency And Weight Loss