When you’re introducing your little one to sea creatures and animals, sea turtles may have surely come up on the list, and what could be better than getting him hooked onto a fun and interesting sea turtle Art idea to do just that?
I’ve got that right here for you. The activity is super simple, and if you have the supplies, you can get started on it right away.
So what are you waiting for? Get on it momma!
You’ll need just a handful of basic craft supplies to get started on this interesting sea turtle craft for kids.
Supplies Needed For This Cartoon Sea Turtle Craft
- Colored Stock Card
- Black Marker Pen
- Iodised salt
- Watercolor Paints
How To make this Ocean Turtle Craft Project
Begin by downloading your Ocean turtle template.
Next print out and then cut out your sea turtle craft. There are plenty of pieced. You will need to outline the pieces using a black marker pen.
Glue and assemble your cartoon sea turtle. it’s pretty easy and simple to do. Have lots of fun with the little ones and prepare your turtle for mounting.
How To Make The SeaTurtle Painting Background
You can paint a blue watercolor background to lengthen the process and time of this fun sea turtle art project or grab some blue card stock to create a fun ocean themed background.
Download some starfish and bubbles to make your background more cute, mount, and glue your sea turtle art onto the watercolor painting or add to an ocean themed display board in the classroom.
This is a fun craft for the home or the preschool setting and we have lots of different templates for you to test out here on Craft, Play, Learn.
Enjoy your ocean turtle craft. If you want to make a whole heap of sea turtles then go ahead. You could even make them using different colors!
Enjoy this super fun ocean craft! It’s turtally cool!
Download Your Free Sea Turtle Template Here
Fun Facts About Sea Turtles
You can team up this fun sea turtle craft with some interesting facts about these underwater creatures, to make it a more educative learning experience for your toddler.
- Turtles are one of the oldest reptiles in the world.
- They even lived during the time of dinosaurs.
- The hard, bony outside of the turtles is what protects their inner body from danger.
- The turtle’s shell is made up of 50 bones.
- Sea turtles cannot get into their shells like other turtles can.
- Sea turtles can hold their breath for up to 5 hours when underwater.
- They can live upto 100 years
- Begin by chopping the onion and the parsnip into small pieces.
- Turn on the browning button to start using your Instant pot. Add the onion and saute.
- Once the onion is soft, combine the boiling water and vegetable stock into a jug and pour into the pressure cooker once dissolved.
- Add the chopped parsnip into the instant pot, put the lid in place and set the instant pot on the stew or soup section for 25 minutes.
- Once the instant pot has finished cooking the soup, liquify the mixture using a handheld blender or pour into a larger blender.
- Add salt and pepper to the pureed soup. Finally add the milk and stir to create a creamy soup texture.
- Your bariatric friendly parsnip soup is ready to serve.
By adding skimmed milk instead of cream you can still get a creamed soup texture with all the delicious flavours.
You can also get the bubbles template by clicking this link! Plus, if you’re looking for some more similar fun filled and interesting activities and crafts for your kid to get started on, here’s a quick list of some of my personal favorites.