Kids no longer learn their letters, numbers and shapes in Kindergarten. In fact, they are expected to know most of their letters and the sounds by the time they get to Kindergarten. These preschool alphabet tracing cards are the perfect way to help little ones to be prepared for their Kindergarten year!
How to Use these Preschool Alphabet Tracing Cards
There’s lots of different ways you can use these tracing cards to help kiddos learn their letters before kindergarten. I would recommend using these with other printable and activities to prevent kids from getting bored.
- Trace the letters: Obviously, kids can trace the letters of the alphabet with markers, crayons, or pencils. This builds up fine motor skills and letter recognition.
- Use them as Flash cards: You can print these out and use them as flash cards to build letter recognition or sound recognition.
- Teach letter sounds: Each card has a picture that begins with the corresponding letter. You can teach the sounds by saying A-the sound and then send the sound home by saying the name of the picture. For example: A- ah ah…apple.
- Memory Game: Print two copies of these tracing cards. Lay them upside down and play a memory game. Kids have to match the letters to get the cards.
Download Your Alphabet Tracing Cards Here!
Do you love printables? You may also love the following posts:
- Easy Kids Color Matching Printable
- Tropical Bird Number Printables
- Emotions Puzzle Match
- Monster Sudoku Puzzles
- Alphabet Puzzle Match
- Alphabet Bingo Printable
Busy now? Why not pin this fantastic resource for later? Pinning supports my blog and allows me to create more content to help little ones learn. I’m truly grateful for any social shares
About Angela Milnes
Angela Milnes is a Qualified Early Years Teacher who specialised in Preschool and Kindergarten teaching. She has a wealth of experience teaching young children and is passionate about kids crafts, preschool music and reading with kids. Don’t forget to follow our fun crafts and creative ideas over on Facebook.