Popsicle Stick Santa Craft For Kids
Santa Crafts are always fun to make and if you’re looking for a simple and easy Christmas decoration to make at home or in the classroom then you’ll love this fun and easy Santa string art decoration.
With a few basic supplies, you can transform these popsicle sticks into cute evergreen Christmas decorations that can be used time and time again. The children will love this craft and even better, they can practice fine motor skills as they wind the string around the sticks.
Enjoy this fun Santa themed decoration idea!
What You Need To Make This Easy Santa Ornament
- Popsicle Sticks
- Paint brush
- Red acrylic paint
- Red string
- Red and white string
- Black, Gold & Silver Glitter Card
How To Make This Easy Santa Craft For Kids
The first step is to glue four popsicle sticks together using white glue or Elmer’s glue.
Once the popsicle sticks are dry, paint the outside of this Santa craft with bright red acrylic paint. Allow to dry before moving onto the next step.
Use a small roll of red string to wrap the popsicle sticks! Wind the string around over and over until the whole popsicle stick based is covered as shown in the image.
Cut out and add a piece of silver card to your Santa craft. Glue this onto the string surface.
Using the black and gold glitter card create a Santa belt and stick onto the decoration two thirds down.
Now add black buttons to the Santa decoration and attach a piece of string to the top of the ornament so it can be hung on the Christmas tree.
Your super cute Santa decorations are now ready! These pair well with our Christmas Elf string art decorations and both will look fantastic on the Christmas tree.
So what are you waiting for? Grab some supplies and have fun making these super cute and easy Santa decorations today!
Let me know what you think! Are you excited to try out this decoration idea? You could make them at home, at a crafting club, or at school!
- Turn on the Saute setting to your Instant Pot, and add the Olive oil.
- Add the diced onion, and saute until the onion is golden brown.
- Turn the Saute setting off, and add the minced garlic, diced green Chiles, Jalapeno, Corn, chili powder, Cumin, and garlic salt.
- Stir well, and add the chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the pressure valve is set to ‘SEALING’. Press the MANUAL button, and set the time to 8 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, beeps, and goes to OFF, quick release the pressure. (SEE NOTES) When all pressure has been released, and the FLOAT VALVE has dropped down, remove the lid to the Instant Pot, and stir the corn dip.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded Colby jack cheese, and stir all together, until well blended.
- Remove the Corn dip to a serving bowl, and top with crumbled bacon and chopped Cilantro. Serve and Enjoy!
- This is such a delicious recipe and you can serve in a number of ways and even dip your favorite crackers or chips into the corn.
If you’re not familiar with the ‘QUICK RELEASE’ method, read your instruction manual that came with your Instant Pot, for directions, and to make sure you know where the Pressure Valve is on the Instant Pot, and where the FLOAT VALVE is to ensure all the pressure has been released before opening the lid.
Basically, you’re turning the pressure valve, with a pot holder, from the Sealing position to the VENTING position, but, read the Manual for exact instructions for your model Instant Pot.
Looking for more easy Christmas Tree Decoration ideas? Then check out the following crafts: