Popsicle Stick Elf Craft For Kids
If you’re looking for Elf crafts for preschoolers or older kids then we have a fantastic easy elf decoration tutorial here on Craft Play Learn. With Christmas around the corner parents and teachers alike will be looking for easy to make Christmas decorations.
This cute Elf string art decoration will go down well and look fantastic on the Christmas tree. With only a few supplies this Christmas craft is budget friendly and looks super cute. Enjoy!
What You Need To Make This Easy Elf Ornament
- Popsicle Sticks
- Paint brush
- Green acrylic paint
- Green string
- Red and white string
- Black, Gold & Red Glitter Card
How To Make This Easy Elf Craft For Kids
Begin by organizing your popsicle sticks. Glue four lollipop sticks together. You can make as many sets as you like. If you’re in the classroom you may want to do this preparation work before the kids arrive.
Once the glue has dried, grab some acrylic paint and use this to paint your popsicle sticks green. Again allow to dry!
Use some green string to create a string covering for your elf decoration. This is a great activity for the little ones to help with fine motor skills development.
Cut out some black glitter card to create a belt. Glue this two thirds down on your elf decoration.
Next cut out a gold square. Glue this down and place a smaller black square on the inside. You now have an elf belt buckle.
Using your red glitter card cut out a rectangle. Use the scissors to cut diagonals into the cardstock as shown in the photo and glue to the top of your decoration! Next, add yellow buttons.
Attach string to the top of your Elf decoration using the glue.
This elf craft looks fantastic and it’s now ready for taking home and hanging on the tree.
You could also make more string Christmas decorations! Check out our string Art Santa decoration, it would pair nicely with this easy elf craft idea!
More Easy To Make Christmas Decorations
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté function. Add the olive oil and allow to heat up.
- Add garlic and onions and cook 2-3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup to Instant Pot.
- Add BBQ sauce
- Add beans and mix everything together.
- Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the vent is closed. Set Instant Pot to 10 minutes.
- Once 10 minutes are up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the vent and release the remaining pressure.
If you’re looking for more easy Christmas decorations to make with the kids then here are more fantastic ideas you will love!