My Parenting Bucket List
Before I became a Mother I had a bucket list, In fact I made my first bucket list when I was 13 and completed it before I was 30. Now that I am a mum, I started a bucket list with a twist. It is a list of experiences and opportunities I want to give my child before she is an adult. Kind of my hopes and dreams for Sylvia in a way and so today I am sharing my Parenting Bucket list which I have been working on.
Here it is.
My Parenting Bucket List
- Give Sylvia Ballet Lessons – Did this until she no longer wanted to do it.
- Take my daughter to Disneyland – Yep I have done this twice.
- Take Sylvia to Europe – Well we moved to Europe, “the UK” back in 2010 and I took Sylvia to France, Belgium and Amsterdam. We have been to France 3 times.
- Get my daughter a keyboard – this is still something I need to do
- Share my favourite Disney movies with my daughter – When she was old enough we did this.
- Find a good Father for my daughter – We did this. I found John, he is an awesome step father.
- Get a pet Dog for my child – We got Yoda three years ago and Casper came along in 2016.
- Take Sylvia to Disney On Ice – I did this is 2013. It was fantastic. She loved it.
- Help my child to do well in school – this is a work in progress and I want to help her so she can get her GCSE’s in 6 years time.
- Do photo shoots with Sylvia – I always wanted to do photo shoots with Sylvia since she was small which I could scrap book and we naturally fell into this through blogging.
- Take Sylvia to America on holiday. One day I would love to take Sylvia to the USA for a holiday.
- Take Sylvia back to NZ to meet her cousins. That is a goal I have for the long term future.
- Help my child to learn a second language. This is a skill I think would be useful to her and Sylvia has shown an interest in French and Spanish.
- Give my daughter Swimming Lessons. It took a long time to get the ball rolling but Sylvia started swimming lessons at age 8. She is doing well.
- Help my child to grow up emotionally strong. Again this is something which takes time and will improve over the months and years.
- Save money for my child for when she is 18. I am doing this.
- Collect coins which I can sell in the future for my child’s Wedding Dress. Well I have been collecting coins for 7 years and have all the London olympics ones as well as many other coins. They are an investment I will sell when the time comes.
- Teach my daughter good values. This is something I am working on and she is very kind, great at sharing and her school teacher said she is well known for her kindness.
- Teach my child to eat healthy food. This is a goal I have and something I am working on and could do a little better but I am trying to do this.
- Teach Sylvia about famous and inspirational Women from the past. I want to do a project where I teach my daughter about people like Helen Keller and Florence Nightingale and other inspirational women who’s good qualities we can learn from.
So this is my Parenting Bucket list…. I have completed some of these and some are works in progress and things I need to get in a better financial position to do but I think I can achieve this and give my daughter these experiences, teach her these moral and give her opportunities.
I know I’m doing a great job.