Not everyone has the time, money, or patience to use hundreds of products on their skin every day, but thankfully, you don’t have to. Skincare doesn’t have to be complicated, and you don’t have to buy the latest products to fulfill your daily needs. To maximize your skincare routine, follow these tried and true tips that will fit into even the busiest schedules.
Choose Plant-Based Skincare Products
A plant-based lifestyle offers many health benefits, including the promotion of healthy skin. Plants have plenty of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients that will help your body, but using a face moisturizer like this one from Tata Harper, will produce a similar effect.
Natural skin care has the potential to give you the following advantages:
- Antioxidants found in plants can strengthen and restore the body’s cells.
- Many of the vitamins found in natural skincare help maintain healthy skin and repair the epidermis to reduce signs of aging.
- The lipids in fruits can create a barrier that protects and smoothes skin.
- Essential fatty acids can smooth scars, combat oiliness, fight dryness, and calm acne while also making the skin more elastic in the future.
Not all natural skincare uses “natural” ingredients. Always check the label before purchasing, and visit the companies website to ensure they’re entirely plant-based.
Use Two Cleansers: One for Oil, One for Dirt
Keeping your skin clean is incredibly important for any skincare routine because you can start lathering your face with other products before completing this step. First, start with a cleanser that removes dirt and makeup from your skin, then use a face wash that removes oil.
- Farmacy: Green Clean is a makeup melt away, and cleansing balm is a saving grace for dry skin. It leaves your face feeling silky and clean, no matter the type.
- Origins: Checks and Balances will start to froth as you cleanse. Checks and Balances are capable of removing excess oil without stripping the skin of nutrients.
Make sure you wash one off your face before you use the other. Use one right after the other for a completely smooth skin that you can start adding additional products.
Exfoliate One or Twice a Week
Men who save have great skin because shaving is a fantastic exfoliator. Women can also shave their face to exfoliate, plus it helps makeup stay flat on the skin. No, shaving your face won’t make hair grow back thicker; that’s just a myth. However, if you prefer using an exfoliator, Josie Maran Argan Exfoliating Powder is gentle enough for daily use. Exfoliating makes your skin look less dull by removing dead skin cells, but it also creates a protective shield against debris.
Layer Your Creams and Serums in a Sequence
The order of application is essential, as some skincare products keep things out. If you apply a serum that must penetrate the skin, exfoliating can prevent it from doing its job. Follow this typical daytime and nighttime regimen for the best results. Be sure to layer your products!
*Bolded items are for busy people! You can skip the rest.
- Cleanser: Warm water or product.
- Toners: Returns skin’s pH levels
- Antioxidant Serum: Nutrient-dense treatment.
- Eye Cream: Depuffs eyes and lightens skin.
- Spot Treatment: Mimizes acne spots.
- Moisturizer + Sunscreen: Lubricates and protects the skin.
- Double Cleanser: Removes makeup and dirt.
- Toners, Essences, Boosters: From thinnest to thickest.
- Eye Cream: Addresses crow’s feet and dark circles.
- Treatments, Serums, Peel: Repairs, restores, regenerates.
- Moisturizer + Night Cream: Must be absorbed slowly.
Complete this routine each day to see some profound benefits over the next week.
Apply All Liquid Skincare Directly to the Skin
Applying skincare directly to your skin will save you a lot of money on cotton pads and the products themselves. Most liquid skincare items will be absorbed through cotton or face cloths, so use your hands instead. Clean your palms and fingertips with soap and water, shake a few drops of essence or toner on the face, and massage into your skin with two fingers. For more beauty tips and product recommendations, head over to skorbeauty.com.