Eyeballs for dinner anyone? These Halloween Monster Eyeballs look so real its scary! I like to add a little more bloody veins just to creep out my kids, but this recipe is a perfect Halloween party treat!
Not only are these fun to have at home, but they are a great idea for classroom Halloween or Fall parties. Maybe you find the eyes of all the children from the book, “Coraline” (great read for 3rd and 4th graders). Plus you can always watch the movie after you read it!
*I use affiliate links in this post. If you buy anything from my links I will earn a small commission*
- 6 tbsp. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup crushed graham crackers
- 4 tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups orange candy melts, divided
- candy eyes
How to Make Halloween Monster Eyeballs
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and pumpkin puree together until light and fluffy.
2. Melt 1/2 cup of orange candy melts according to package instructions.
3. Add crushed gingersnap cookies, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners sugar, ground cinnamon, salt, and 1/2 cup melted orange candy melts to the stand mixer while running on medium speed and beat until well combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula occasionally.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour, just until dough is firm enough to handle. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and use a small cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough.
5. Use your hands to roll into a smooth ball and place on the cookie sheet. Chill in the freezer for an additional 45 minutes. Melt remaining orange candy melts according to package instructions.
6. To coat the truffles, place a truffle in the bowl of melted orange candy melts and spoon the candy over the truffle until coated evenly.
7. Let any excess melted candy drip off and place back on the cookie sheet.
8. Before the melted candy sets, press a candy eye (or multiple eyes) lightly into the top of each truffle.
9. Allow the melted candy to set and serve.