Mini Glitter Rainbow Craft For Kids
When I was a little girl I was in the play The Wizard of Oz. It’s been over 28 years but I remember the songs perfectly. My favourite song from the show was somewhere over the rainbow.
Rainbows are beautiful and I love that a rainbow comes after the rain. I kind of relate that to myself. I have had some really tough times in life but the rainbow sure does appear in the end.
Today we have a fantastic and easy rainbow craft. It’s pretty simple and fun and one the kids will love.
This is a great activity for young children and a great way to teach the colours, get creative and have fun crafting. Enjoy.
Supplies For This Clay Pot Craft
When making clay pot crafts it’s always best to recycle old pots. However if you don’t have any pots at resuse you can buy them pretty cheap online.
- (6) 2.5 in. clay pots
- Glitter in rainbow colours
- White school glue
- Plastic gold coins
RELATED POST: MOTHER’S DAY FLOWER POT CRAFT FOR KIDS
How To Make Rainbow Clay Pot Crafts
Holding the clay pot with your fingers inside, sprinkle some glitter onto the glue on the pot with your other hand.
Continue to paint the glue on the pot and sprinkle the glitter on the glue until the entire pot is covered in a layer of glitter.
Repeat steps 1-3 with the rest of your clay pots and glitter colours.
Let your rainbow flower pots dry completely, and then knock the bottom of the pots together gently over the rubbish bin or a paper plate to remove any excess glitter.
Fill each of the mini glitter pots with plastic gold coins to create a colourful display.
Your glitter clay pot crafts are now ready to display! Don’t forget to use this as an opportunity to teach children about color and the rainbow!
Alligator Cupcakes Super Fun Cupcake Ideas
and easy to make Alligator cupcakes. This is a tasty and easy part idea for kids.
1. Frost the cupcakes with layer chocolate frosting.
2. From the bubble gum sprinkles, pick out about 24 white pieces and cut them in half diagonally so you have about 48 little triangle teeth.
3. Turn the cones upside down and put a thin line of white frosting across the middle of the bottom of the cone. Extend the line of frosting over each side of the cone about an inch. Stick 7-8 teeth in a line onto the frosting line making sure the points of the gum are facing out to look like sharp teeth. Repeat this with all the cones.
4. Now lay the cones down on their side and use frosting to stick 2 round eyeballs on the top rim of each cone.
5. Place an alligator cone on top of each cupcake so it looks like the alligator head is coming up out of the muddy water.
6. Fun cupcakes for a zoo or animal themed party!
If you like these fun clay flower pot crafts then you may love the following posts:
21 Ways To Decorate Flower Pots
Leave a Reply