Whether you’re trying your hands at some holiday inspired craft activities with your little one, or have just have a toddler who loves the gingerbread man, this fun filled activity is a must try.
Keep reading to discover all you need to try this gingerbread craft yourself, along with step by step instructions to make sure you and your little one nail it.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started shall we?
The beauty of this super fun kids activity is that you need just a few supplies to give it a try- and you probably already have all of these at home right now!
What You Need To Make This Gingerbread Craft
How To Make A Paper Gingerbread Man
Download and print out the template. You may print the template onto the suggested colors of paper or use the template as a stencil and trace it onto paper.
You can even print onto white paper and color the template in!
Cut the template out. Assemble the craft and secure with glue.
Cut 2 inch wide strips of paper. Create an accordion fold in the paper going back and forth long ways.
Glue the accordion arms and legs onto your assembled character.
Download Your Free Gingerbread Man Template Here!
Your craft is finished! These would make amazing bulletin board crafts. Just picture all of the cute characters hanging around together! Have fun with these. Customize them with colors you’d like. The possibilities are limitless!
And of course, as promised, here’s the quick link to download the gingerbread man template, so you can get started.
Loved this fun activity? Can’t wait to try more with your little one? Keep scrolling down, because I’ve added quick links to much other such fun and easy activities for your toddler, along with some cool tips and tricks to take it all up a notch and make it an educative experience for him as well.
Tips & Tricks
Gingerbread is a universal favorite, so whether or not you’ve been making them at home, they can be a fun concept to introduce to your little one, even more so when it is Christmas and you’re trying to get him familiar with the different concepts around the holiday.
Here are some additional links to some more gingerbread man crafts and activities for toddlers, which can keep your little one busy and happy for some time. Most of these, just like this one, need very little time and effort on your part- so you just can’t go wrong with them!
- Gingerbread Man Activity Sheets
- Gingerbread Man Craft for Younger Kids
- How to Make Gingerbread House Without Food
- Gingerbread House Ornament
- 21 Easy & Simple Paper Bag Crafts
You can team these activities up with some good holiday themed books or gingerbread man stories to make the entire experience more enjoyable and at the same time, educative too.
And of course, if you’re whipping up some homemade gingerbread treats, there’s nothing better than including your little one in the process too!
How to Make Instant Pot Ribs
- Combine the brown sugar, garlic salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper, onion powder, chili powder, ground mustard, paprika, Italian seasoning, and cumin, in a small bowl, and stir well to mix.
- Make sure the membrane on the underside of the ribs has been removed (if it hasn’t, grab hold of one corner, and pull it the entire length of the ribs – see note).
- Season the ribs with the rub on both sides. Add the chicken broth, and red wine vinegar to the Instant pot.
- Place the metal trivet in the Instant Pot, and place the ribs on the trivet (see photo). Place the ribs in a circle on the trivet.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure that the pressure valve is set to SEALING. Press the MANUAL button, and set the time to 25 minutes.
- When the ribs are done, the Instant Pot will beep, and go to the OFF reading.
- Let the Instant Pot build, and release the pressure naturally. This will infuse all the flavors, and make the ribs really tender.
- Once the Instant Pot reads OFF, make sure the FLOAT VALVE is down, and all the pressure has been released, remove the lid from the Instant Pot, and set aside.
- Double line a baking dish with heavy foil, and carefully remove the ribs from the Instant Pot, into the dish. Brush the barbecue sauce on the slabs of ribs, completely coating them in the sauce.
- Place the dish in the oven on BROIL, for about 5 – 6 minutes, or until the ribs have turned golden or caramelized. Remove the ribs, and brush with additional sauce.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- While the ribs are cooking in the Instant Pot, peel 3 – 4 pounds of white potatoes, and cut them in chunks.
- Place the potatoes in a large roaster, and cover them with cold water, and about 2 Tablespoons of salt.
- Turn the burner on high, and boil the potatoes until done – about 15 – 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done, pour off all but about 1/4 of the water, and leave the potatoes in the roaster.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher, and add 1 stick of butter, 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic, 1/2 cup of heavy cream (or half n half) 1 Tablespoon of coarse ground garlic salt, and 1 teaspoon of coarse ground black pepper to the potatoes.
- Stir well to combine, and keep warm on the lowest setting on the stove, and keep the mashed potatoes covered.
- Serve the ribs over the mashed potatoes with garlic toast and a little extra barbecue sauce on the side. Enjoy!
For more fun and easy Christmas paper crafts here on Craft Play Learn, check out the following: